January 2011 Rudy Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
jampss, I just cut out the picture straight off the card. Sometimes I glue it onto a luggage tag blank that I have bought from the craft shop. I punch a little hole in the tag somewhere and thread through a piece of thread. Most times though the cut out picture is enough

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Christmaslvr, I like the tote idea.

AuntJamelle, I agree about the lack of a good selection of name tags.

I have already done debriefing and have to work on the 25th. I will be out of town on the 21 and 22. My Rudy day will have to be on the 29th. I never did get my lists re-done this year of what's in the totes or actually purge them either. I may do that. Then I will know what I need/want to replace and can start putting money back for it.

I also saw where Katrina and her mom went ahead and made out a list of what food they wanted to serve next year and start buying soon. That sounds like a good idea to me.

I will definitely be exploring uses for the cards we received this year.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Thanks!

Thanks, piratemamaof3boys & sweetpumkinpye!

:clothes:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
If I recall correctly..... the 25th is a Tuesday. Hhhhmmmmmm....... I prefer to celebrate Rudolph Day on a weekend day....... AND..... the month of January looks REALLY long on the calendar. I might not last until the 25th! So.... I better do SOME celebrating this weekend!

Luckily.... I have some whipped cream in the refrigerator.... plenty of hot chocolate..... and my Christms things are not packed away in the attic yet.........

Last edited:

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
My 7yo is joining me but she made it clear we will work on all Holidays:) I would love to say we would do all monthly days (GPD/Eatser, etc) but i know we wouldnt follow through. One planned day a month will be a good start and the 25th-ish is a good reminder.
Jan we will be making a list of what we want to make for next year (Christmas and all holidays) and work on Valentines. Then (my plan) each month think about Holidays watch a holiday theme movie (Christmas, Halloween ,etc) and work on crafts and decorate for next holiday. Each month I will work on my Holiday book and organize holiday items. I hope we both have fun, get todos done and create a memory together!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Twinkle I'm sure these will be wonderful moments for you and your daughter :)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Blue Christmas- Rudy day is short for Rudolph Day.

Rudolph Day is celebrated on the 25th of every month.

The purpose is to do an activity to get us ready for the upcoming Christmas. KimLovesSnow has set a focus for us- Our Notebooks- but you can work on really whatever you choose.
For example: Organize your holiday recipes, figure out what treats you are going to make. Or- if you are a card maker- make 5 cards each Rudolph day.

If the 25th falls on a week day (or an already planned day)- some members will choose to do move their actvities to a day that fits their schedule.

BUT- It's also a day for us Christmas lovers to celebrate Christmas by: Watching a Christmas movie, reading something Christmasy, drinking hot chocolate, listening to Christmas music, wearing a Christmas sweater or socks.

At work- I always put a Santa out on my desk on Rudolph Day.

Annie

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Twinkle, spending Rudy days with your daughter sounds like great fun.

Annie, what a wonderful way to explain Rudy Days.

Blue Christmas....feel free to join in on 25th January. It is just a lovely thing to put aside time to do some Christmassy things. It helps keep the Christmas magic alive all year long.

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
Only yesterday my DD10 was asking me "How long till Rudy Day?" lol! We love Rudy Day :) I honestly think ,since I started to celebrate Rudy Day, Christmas seems to come around quicker. I suppose because ,in reality, it's only 11 days worth of celebrating and getting ready for Christmas!!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I love all the stories of sharing Rudy Day (and others) with the kids. I'm hoping to do more of that this year with the boys. I think this month we will decorate our 2011 Christmas jar.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Twinkle - It's based on the book "The Christmas Jar". We put spare change and dollars in it all year long and then pick someone to give it to anonymously around Christmas time. If you have not read it...I recommend it.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Oh, I'm so looking forward to January's Rudy Day! I haven't had a Christmas Notebook in years and I've really been feeling the lack. I plan to do a good debrief and set one up.

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
Kim - I LOVE the idea of a Christmas Jar! I'm going to do that too. I'll have to get the book even tho I'm reading two others right now. Maybe that would be a good thing to do on Rudy Days. Read the "Christmas Jar".

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have been after this book for a while. My library does not have it. I might have to buy it from the book store.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
It is such a great book. I loved it.