Lessons Learned 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am just revisiting this and will look at it again a few more times before Christmas just to keep me on track.
As the year moves on I forget these lessons from last year and all of a sudden I am buying 27 different types of cheese when I know that 2 will do. I need to remember what worked and what didn't and stick to it. I tend to get caught up in the excitement of the season and go overboard when I know that simple works perfectly for us.

Whusky

MHH Member
Jun 7, 2022
UK
Just seen this thread so I'm late to the party again haha.

Last year, the two things that stick in mind as being a problem, was I was at home A LOT in December. We usually go out for coffee on Christmas Eve, but last year we didn't, so by Christmas day I had cabin fever. It was the first year I said out loud that I didn't like Christmas anymore :oops: :eek:(please forgive me!)
It also didn't help that we didn't buy in enough snacky food for the day and I was starving.

This year I'm going to make sure I get out and about more in the run up to Christmas so I can enjoy the time off. Definitely more snacks too.
I also need to be aware that our new dog is extremely food-oriented, so no more candy canes on the tree!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Just seen this thread so I'm late to the party again haha.

Last year, the two things that stick in mind as being a problem, was I was at home A LOT in December. We usually go out for coffee on Christmas Eve, but last year we didn't, so by Christmas day I had cabin fever. It was the first year I said out loud that I didn't like Christmas anymore :oops: :eek:(please forgive me!)
It also didn't help that we didn't buy in enough snacky food for the day and I was starving.

This year I'm going to make sure I get out and about more in the run up to Christmas so I can enjoy the time off. Definitely more snacks too.
I also need to be aware that our new dog is extremely food-oriented, so no more candy canes on the tree!
Be sure to print you notes off to put in your Christmas notebook so you remember your ideas in the coming years. Great insights!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Oh, I can just imagine pup enjoying those tasty treats.