SO- what is the story/meaning behind your...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I love snowmen and I also love candles, a few years ago I was introduced to a range of candles called 'Partylite' - they make candles and holders. The first christmas catalogue of theirs that I saw had a range of candle holders with snowmen on and it was called the Snowbelle family. My birthday is on the 27th, hence Snowbelle27.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Love learning all of this! It is fun!

My handle came about in two steps.

Years ago, my closest girlfriend and I gave each other nicknames - just for fun - hers for me was "Jamelle" - a play on my real first name of Jaime.

A few years later when she had her first daughter, it changed to "Aunt Jamelle" and has been that way ever since. For the most part my "neices" never call me Jaime - its Aunt Jamelle! :grin:

So when I signed up for the OC boards one July afternoon long ago, it seemed the natural name to pick!

:rudolph:

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
Love this thread! So interesting reading about where/how you derived your "handles"!

Mine?......Adored & just plain LOVED reading "Pippi" Longstocking books when I was a child....wanted to be just like her.....alas, no red hair. LOL! I seem to channel some of her eccentricity, though. ;-)

Given name: "Tanya", although most call me "Tannie" 'cause I think they don't know where to start on which way to pronounce it, when they see it in print!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
This is great! I've always wondered about some of these names!

Mine is also very simple-Cathy is my first name and mac is the first part of my maiden name (actually Mc) When I was a police officer everyone called me Cathymac or just Mac...and it's stuck all these long years later!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Aggy is the name my grandfather and father used to call me. Saddly, neither one are here anymore. My name is Adrienne but for some reason they couldn't say it right (LOL). My father was from Virginia and my grandfather was from North Carolina. It always sounded funny whenever they tried to say it. I sure would love to hear them say my name again. SIGH!!!

momtomaddie

Retire Member
Jul 17, 2008
East Central Indiana
I'm not to creative either. I am "mom" to Maddie, which is my min schnauzer. She was my christmas gift last year.

Belles

Retire Member
:flower: This thread is so great, it give so much insight to who some of us really are! Belles actually has nothing to do with my real name; but
one of my favorite books is "The Polar Express" and my favortie Christmas Song is "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day". So bells just seem to have a thread through a few of my favorite things.

christmas3

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
When I first joined I used my 1st inital and my last name but then I wanted a Christmas related name like most people here....so I changed it. now I am Christmas3. Christmas because I love it and 3 because I have 3 children. And I always try to put three smilies of some kind after it. That's my story.

Christmas3
:package: :package: :package:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm a Mickey and Minnie Mouse lover who lives in Colorado...hence MinnieCo. I used that on AOL for years and I'm sure I added the Co for colorado so I could use Minnie in some way when all the other Minnie options were taken.

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
momtomaddie said:
I'm not to creative either. I am "mom" to Maddie, which is my min schnauzer. She was my christmas gift last year.

I have 2 mini schnauzer puppies they are 4 months old.

Okay my name, like many of you my creative mind stop when I had to pick a name so Pattee beacuse that is my last name and Mom because I'm a mom. I sometimes will use Patteecake.

sunshine

Retire Member
Jun 23, 2008
I thought I'd replied to this - oops.

sunshine -- the English translation of my given (Native American) name.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
HouseElf:

From Harry Potter, because most days I think the four 'boys' in my home believe the house magically cleans itself, and dinner just poofs upon that table :slap:

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I guess mine is pretty self explanatory. I wanted to have a christmas word somewhers in my name. Mom of course because I am a mom. I actually wrote down a few choices then had my kids vote. Jinglemom it was. ::eek:rnament:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
sunshine -- the English translation of my given (Native American) name.

Sunshine that is a beautiful name!

:rotflol: :rotflol: HouseElf!!!