SO- what is the story/meaning behind your...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
iluv2scrap, is a name i use on a lot of boards, because i used to love and do a lot of scrapbooking. Have a ton of supplies and don't ever touch them anymore so it really isnt appropriate anymore, maybe i need to chnage my name before i get too many posts lol.

goldenqueenalicia

Retire Member
Jul 16, 2008
I live in fantasy land most of the time, and I try to treat my family and loved ones like royalty. I call both my daughters princesses so obviously that would make me a gueen and my first name is alicia and I like the color gold

qltmrkt

Premiere Member
Several years ago I owned a quilt shop called "Quilters Market and Dry Goods". Qltmrkt was the license plate on my car. Don't have the car or the license plate anymore. Just kept using the name for forums.

By the way, I just can't believe that I didn't use my maiden name as part of my login name. Guess it had such a stigma before I go married that I sometimes block it from my memory. Sometimes I joke around that I got married to get rid of the name :haha:

My maiden name is CLAUSE. Yes, as in Santa. The teasing I got as a child. And the phone calls our family got around Christmas. Some were cute. But not all of them.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
I usually use LadyEvenstar as my name on boards if I can because I love Lord of the Rings, especially the Elves. It's not too creative, I know, but typing it always gives a lift to my day.

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
I didn't actually choose my name, it was given to me. My name is Terri and my Dad's name is Terry. So, when I lived with him and someone would call and ask for Terri(y), my step-mom would ask "Big Terry" or "Little Terry". Fast Forward a little bit and my Dad is a truck driver. And a short one at that. So, the guys gave him the nickname of Tattoo...after that guy from Fantasy Island. One year when I went trucking with him, the guys decided that I needed a CB handle too and it was deemd that since I was "Little Terri", I should also be "Little Tattoo". I just abbreviated it to make it shorter. Oh...and there's not an actual tattoo anywhere on my body! :-D

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Cindylou Who is the little girl from The Grinch that Stole Christmas. I picked her name because I was a bit sad when I first joined the OC board a little over a year ago. I was a lover of Christmas but married to "a Grinch". Really he's a wonderful man, but has sad memories of Christmas as a child and thus is not much fun to be around during the holidays. He has done his best to ignore them year after year, and I have been on my own to create the Christmas magic for our children. The board really helped me through that though and we had a wonderful family Christmas last year. Hoping to build on it further this year! I very much feel like little Cindylou Who, and I can hear the Who's Christmas carols playing in my head as I type this...Can you hear them singing too? ::eek:rnament:

CEO

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2007
"CEO" was given to me VERY, very early: on the old Prodigy online service in (gulp) 1990.

We had a small, friendly huddle under the "Homelife-GET O" topic on this very early online service. Back then, women were outnumbered 10 to 1 online, and you can bet that the "GET O" part of our name attracted some unwanted attention.

Anyway, PinkE and ML in Midlife and Lissum and my other online friends all had cool usernames; one day, I popped up and asked, "How do I get a cool username, too?"

Since Prodigy made you log in as firstname-lastname, making me CynthiaEwer, SOMEBODY suggested that I add, "Organized" to the end, or "Cynthia Ewer, Organized". Using the initials, that made me "CEO". To my immense regret, I never remembered exactly which godmother who christened me--but "CEO" it was.

It stuck. Unbelievably, CEO is still around EIGHTEEN years later. How time does fly ...

CEO

zchristy

Santa's Elves
Fun thread!

I'm zchristy...our last name starts with Z and Christy is my name. Original, no...easy to remember, yes. :)

Instant Mom..I howled when you wrote "I told everyone who would listen that going from Spunky Single Gal to Instant Mom would be a piece of cake, since I had been an elementary school teacher for 12 years...".

What a hoot...and how TRUE that prevailing attitude is! I *wish* I had my kids for 8 hours a day.....;)

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I chose my name (and it's the name I use for my e-mail, as well) because one day my grandmother called me it. I miss her terribly.
It stands for "Little old lady who lives in a shoe".

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
Years ago I tried to get the name "Dare to Dream" on AOL. But it was already taken. I believe that we all need to dream bacause if we didn't have dreams we would have nothing to reach for. So "Dreamto" it is.

GeeWibble

Premiere Member
Mar 29, 2008
NY
These are great to read!
My name comes from what I say when I roll my eyes at someone, or at myself when I do something dumb. (example: Gee Wiz) :thud:

Helen

Retire Member
Aug 31, 2008
Portland, IN
Hi, I am Grandma Pookie (grmpookie). We had a dog named Pookie and my daughter would ask my two little grandchildren if they would like to go visit grandma, grandpa and Pookie. The two little ones just combined the words and we were known all over town as Grandma and Grandpa Pookie. When their new minister was introduced to us even he knew us as Grandma and Grandpa Pookie.
This is just my second post, but I am loving all the other posts and the board index.
Helen

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I started using my name when I joined a board for field hockey goalies (which I was at the time). In case you've never met a FHG, we all have MASSIVE egos (it kinda comes with the need to always be there when it matters for the team, and shouting orders when you are not busy cos you can see everything that's happening). So partly because of that, I decided to take the name of my club (Hermes - either a greek or roman God who had winged sandals on his feet) and my own feeling that I also had winged feet (Michelin man padding, but flying feet!!) to create "Winged One".

After that, I joined a pregnancy and childbirth forum (moving on in life), but my job meant I was travelling a lot (by plane), so the name seemed to still fit.

Since then, it's just been easiest to keep to that one. I am not the only Winged One on the interwebbly thingy, but I do use it for the parenting forum and a couple of veggie growing fora as well.

Chinook Girl

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and during winter we these weather pressure systems known as Chinook's. It can take us from below zero up to a very warm sunny winter day that the snow and ice melts in a couple of hours. It's my favorite thing in winter, so I'm Chinook Girl.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have two I use:
Ahorsesoul because I love horses. They were my life over 10 years. I had to wait until I was 40 to get my first horse so they were the soul of my life.

Then I started using Scrappin Not Nappin, a few years ago. It became hard to work around the horses after my accident which left my arms with nerve damage, then I had a stroke. I was just worn out. At the time I was taking 5 naps a day and had replaced my love for horses with scrapbooking. Friends would call asking me what I was doing so sometimes my answer was Scrapping not Napping.

I love reading about how everyone came up with their names.

Years ago, long before cell phones, we had CB radios in our homes and cars. My handle was White Cap since I was a nurse.

peppermint pattie

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
Since Pattie is my name, I usually go by pattiecake but it was already taken and I wanted something Christmasy and happened to think of this.