Has anyone started Gift Closet 2010?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Oh Lucie - I love those kind of gifts but you just reminded me that I bought my SIL some of those years ago and promised to put pictures of my nieces in them but never did. :0(
I'm such a bad person. Glad you are following through on yours!

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I wrap all the stocking stuffers too - even if it is a little bag of m&m's - makes it more fun that way !

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I found 2 coupons for free gifts. Free lotion at Bath & Body Works and a free glitter ball at Borders. I was going to the mall this weekend anyway, so those will great to add to the stocking! I heard about them on www.moneysavingmom.com

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I recently got a few more things for DH. The winter clothes are beginning to go on clearance here so I will keep an eye out for bargains. Bought the boys their BORING gift the other day. They always get a gift of socks and undies under the tree so that is now done.
DH is thinking that he might like a weather station as a gift so I will have to start pricing those and see if it is something that we can afford for him. I was thinking of buying a bread maker so I was a little off there!!!

Have wrapped all of the stocking fillers and they are in boxes ready to be placed in to stockings on C EVE.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I got a few golf items the other day in the tail end of a summer sale - so I now know what my dad and aunt are getting :) I will add some new golf balls and maybe some other stuff to what I have, but I got some great gloves for winter golf reduced to 70% off (and they were good gloves I'd never normally consider!).

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got 3 usb flashdrives (blue, green & pink) 4G for $10 at walmart. Another stocking stuffer!

Also got 2 movies at $5 each for dnephew.

T-shirt for DS $15

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got DH a pair of winter sweat pants yesterday for $4.00. Also got some business sox reduced to $2 a pair. Got milk shake mixers at the grocery store for $2 but am not sure who they will go to yet. Put 2 more gifts on Lay-by for DS so his list is looking a bit healthier. The kids put their Christmas wish list up on the fridge in September so it will be interesting to see what they write on it.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got dd a sweatshirt vest for $5 at walmarts.. I know, I know, I already have too much stuff for her!

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I picked up the last season of my daughter's favorite series on DVD for her, and at a bargain, too! :)

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
Yippee!! I just ordered a $25 American Eagle gift card with my points from my debit card! I love having "free" money for Christmas. I changed jobs this year, and right now, every little bit helps! :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Bought a bag of individually wrapped dark chocolate at costcos (expiration date in 2013) to add to different gifts.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Great shopping all. It seems like we are all getting ahead with our gift shopping. I feel pretty good with things at this stage.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Went shopping yesterday with mom.

Got Dnephew (1) for his bday (dec 5) & Christmas:
- PJ
- fleece pants + sweatshirt
- Boat with car, boy-doll
So... DONE with his gifts

Got dniece (3)
- white sweater to add to her other gifts (b-day dec 26) + Christmas.
I have for her, a jumper, a vest, felt food, kangaroo softie, Christmas book
So... DONE with her gifts

Got other Dniece her b-day gift (sweater + leggings), just need to add a small cute something.

Got myself a pair of pj pants... giving myself a gift for Christmas!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Lucie - I usually give my self a Christmas gift every year, too. My family usually rolls their eyes and laughs. I wrap it and everything.

Sounds like you made great progress! You'll be very ready to wrap at our next wrapping party if you don't get around to it before then!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It is a great time of year to be picking up gifts. We are going through the winter clearances at the moment and you can pick up some great buys. Autumn and summer stuff is starting to come out in the stores so I have picked up some summer pj's for DD, and a few nice t-shirts for DS.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
You haven't missed them! The next one is Sat. Oct. 9. The next one is Sat. Nov. 6, Thurs. Nov. 11, Sat. Nov. 27, Sat. Dec. 11 and the last one is Sat. Dec. 18. They are listed under Rudolph Days.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I managed tp pick up the nice cocoa, and some bars of Fair Trade chocolate to go into my sis's chocolate themed hamper. I already had the choccie bath goodies (a bath bomb, soap, and shower gel). Now all I need is the DVD "Chocolat" (I looked in 1 store but they were out, so will check a few others this week).

I was just checking my list this morning, and I have 9 people sorted. I have various bits for another 9 people, and I have most of the raw materials for crafting for a few more. I have 3 days off next week so I will spend a lot of that sewing (like the duvet cover and PJs for DD, a brush roll each for one sis and a cousin, a set of tree ornaments for 3 different couples, and dollie clothes for DD and 2 nieces).

And I want to get DH's present in the next few weeks too, as I hear that Wii prices are going up before the holidays again. This will be a biggie, but to share (I will get 3 sets of controllers, so that we can all play together as a family present as much as a DH present).

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Winged your getting along quite well!! I have to look for the Wii too... it'll be a family gift. I so love the chocolate hamper... wish someone would do that for me!! The dvd might be available on amazon online and there's always Charlie Wonka & the chocolate factory too.