Have you started decorating yet?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished last night! The last thing I had to do was get the big tree up in the Living Room!

I did cut back on things this year - I just cannot face the idea of taking down all the normal stuff I do this January. I am going to be too tired and too focused on my impending due date to worry about Christmas decor.

I skipped decorating the sun room and the kitchen and the outside this year. I also put out less than normal in the rooms I did decorate.

But I still did the trees and garland and mantles, etc. I am very happy with how it all turned out!

I am even happier that it is DONE!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
AuntJamelle - GOOD WORK!
Cmerth - GOOD WORK!
Alisonmcg - GOOD WORK!
MissBrittany - You have done great!
Beccaw - You have done great too!
Cathymac - Great!
Printersdevil - Aren't you glad you got started early!
Grandmabucket and ChristmasRose - You too - the early starts for you is great!

The tree is up!!!! The lights are on the tree! Half the presents have ribbon and are under the tree. (The rest of the presents are waiting for ribbons.) The lights on the tree look pretty.

The lighted garlands are over the doorways -- and around the big mirror in the front entrance. They go in the same places every year -- because dh and I really like the way they look!

Here is what else has developed today:

1) Ddil#2's wonderful sister and two little kids are arriving from out-of-state for a visit -- for two nights. Arriving tonight. (I found out about this in the middle of the morning.)

2) Early this afternoon, dd called to see if dh and I could come to her house tonight. The brother of one of their good friends died in an accident (funeral was today). Dd asked if we could stay with the kids so she and dsil could go to the reception/gathering tonight. I learned about this this afternoon.

So -- SOME of the decorations will make their way to the tree. The many, many boxes of Christmas stuff will remain in the living room -- so I can work on them tomorrow.

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
I have started last weekend - most of the things are done.
As I have much more free space in the new appartment, I try, arrange, re-arrange :) - not so easy when you have much more possibilities...

But I am confident that I will finish it tomorrow. Maybe I will also create a small christmas quilt as I have a lot of green/red coloured fabrics at home.

And of course I will have my "cookies baking weekend" with my sister - as every year
This is a kind of "tradition" - we make cookies over cookies, listen to christmas music and have fun

Chilli

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Well, the kitchen is done and all fall has been put away. I put the new centerpiece in the living room, but am not loving the old runner. It's just not working with the new furniture and pillows. Looks like I'm going to have to pick up some new things...including a new tree skirt.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Wow everyone's doing great! I finished last night. This morning I set the timers on all the lights before leaving the house. I can't wait to see how it looks when i get home this evening.

I have been busy, busy, busy. Taking the whole week to decorate was a good decision. I took my time and everything looks good. I had a few moments when I couldn't find stuff and thought I had thrown them out with my cleaning but I found them. My pre-light tree lights do not work for some reason so I had to manually add lights (Well my tree is 8 years old - LOL). What I am most happy with is that the rooms look totally different using decorations I already had.

I am back to work and today have started decorating the office. I hope to be finished before the weeks end. My boss comes back on the 7th. He will have a nice surprise when he gets back.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I didn't get to the bedroom and bathroom last night, so now it'll have to wait until Saturday. My goal is to be done by Saturday afternoon so that I can begin photographing for the home tour. I always have to take several pictures to get the ones I want. I'm not a good photographer and my camera is not that great either. When we win the lottery I'm buying a new camera!! LOL!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hi everybody! The presents now all have ribbon, and are under the tree. I am GRADUALLY emptying the Christmas storage bins. And -- gradually decorating the tree.

Meanwhile -- real life goes on -- as it always does. I am just so grateful for our MHH -- and for getting started early -- with lots of support here!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i started decorating then ive come down with the flu since friday. i hope i get well soon i have so much to do.thank good ness i finished shopping just need to wrap and decorate. go over my menu

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Housewife2 --- oh no! The flu is one of the nightmares that spur us on to get things done early! Thank Goodness you DID start early! Please take care of yourself.... and don't rush your recovery! We are still really early in the game!