Have you started decorating yet?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
The totes are now out of the attic and in the living room. Tree is set up - tomorrow I start decorating in earnest!

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
Just about done with mine as i only have a few little things to do but,it's pretty much done.My house is always done by thanksgiving as it's been a tradition for years now.:stocking:::eek:rnament::sleigh:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Next Friday is the target date. I have to work about an hour, so any shopping I do will be before I go to the office. Our office manager will be out of town for Thanksgiving, so I offered to wait on the paychecks for her. They will be delivered by UPS between 9:30 and 10:00, and anyone who wants their check on Friday needs to get there by 10:30! Then I'll come home and get cracking on trees and lights! Oh, I can't wait!

I MIGHT start in our bathroom and bedroom on Wednesday...if my mom doesn't need my help with Thanksgiving prep. We'll see...

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
I'll make a start next Sunday,I think I can get away with it as it's the first Sunday of Advent. But I should be finished by the 1st December. I'm not sure when I'll get my outside lights done as DH is away the first weekend in December and I'm not one for climbing ladders!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Well I started this weekend. So far I've done the balcony and the diningroom. I wrote all about it on my blog. I'm off all week so I'm doing about 1 room a day. Tomorrow I will do the hallway and foyer. I'm holding off on the livingroom until Friday because right now its being used as my work area.

NLxmasmom

Retire Member
Nov 22, 2007
We haven't started yet. I usually start decorating December 1st. DH is home that day, so I will probably start on the 2nd. DH is not a Christmas nut like me & wants me to wait until December 15th, but I don't think it's long enough to enjoy the decorations. Now I just have to convince him to get the outside stuff done.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
All I have gotten done is the Dining Room tree - but it is finished!!!

I just MIGHT do the mantle in the Dining Room tonight - if I can get to it. Everything else will start to go up this weekend! :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I hope to start on Thanksgiving Night! And..... I hope to make it a long Rudy Day Weekend! Thursday Night through Sunday Night! Woo Hoo!

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
This Sunday is the first day of advent so the advent wreath goes out first thing.
hoping my son will help me get the lights out of the trees in the back yard (Halloween) so I can move them to the front of the house (Christmas) the large lights are down on the ground so I can get to them and change the orange bulbs to red by my self.
still trying to figure out how to get my new tree into my tiny living room with my new couch and love seat.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
In Australia we do not do Thanksgiving so I am straight into Christmas mode.
Put the tree up yesterday and decorated the house. DD 16 had some friends over and they helped decorate the tree. It was fun and took hardly any time. DD must decide whether or not he wants to put up the outside lights. I am not bothered one way or another so I will go by what he wants to do.

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Sweetpumpkinpye --- I would LOVE to have a group of 16-year olds decorate my tree! How great that was for you! My tree is still in the attic. But I have extremely high hopes that it will be brought down tomorrow -- by some strong young relative!

Several lighted garlands have been placed in corners of the living room. They are waiting until Thanksgiving dinner is over -- and then they can be put up!

One string of colored Christmas lights is now working outside. We can only go upwards from here!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I had a summit meeting at the dinner table tonight, and we made the grand decision that we will be totally decorated by the time everyone goes back to work/school Monday. Friday will be the kitchen, boys' room and their bathroom. Saturday will be the living room and the big tree, and Sunday I'll do our bedroom and bathroom. That's the plan, anyway!!

celticglory

Retire Member
Mar 19, 2009
Ireland
Ours isnt going up untill the 1st but I am off to order my turkey later and me and the kids are making some decorations later. So we will have glitter and paint and play doh everywhere LOL.

Everyone else seems so organised but im still getting bits and pieces together.