HGP Week 1 - Front Porch (List) Week!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Re: HGP Front Porch (List) Week!!!

Well, I think WHATEVER I do with this plan is better than in previous years... rushing to do everything at once and getting to the holidays EXHAUSTED.

I might not do it all but what will be done, will be done.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!

This week:
( :grin: ) Budget - finalise
( :confused: ) Finish planning master present list still have a few ideas needed - mainly my parents and DH!!
() Make cards list and check all addresses (ring both mum's)
() Arrange for FIL to buy a small fake tree - forgot he's on his holidays til next week :slap:
() Download and print all photos from my phone and email (I have 2 years worth and the album looks bare) downloaded but still need to print
() Order labels for my knits
() Check that tickets for Santa steam train are ordered (and dates allocated)
( )Start Lion's Club box

Living Room
( :grin: ) Declutter magazine shelf
( :grin: ) Clean inside window
( :grin: ) Brush walls, ceiling
( :grin: ) Dust pictures
( :grin: ) Clean TV screen, mirror, switches
( :grin: ) Move furniture and hoover all corners, dust skirting boards
() Empty, clean out and restock drinks cupboard
( :grin: ) Dust furniture - thoroughly

I didn't get to a few things, but I am happy enough with the progress on the living room (if I don't clear out the drinks cabinet, bottles may be dusty but still drinkable - and who is going to see into that cupboard?!). I have moved my magazines off a clutter shelf into the basket by my chair, so I can pull out articles before recycling them in the evenings watching tv.

I also got ahead on a few things from other weeks as my DH decided to tackle some DIY jobs which meant that I deep cleaned the master bathroom on Saturday (only cleaning the lights, floor and sorting first aid supplies left there), and did a major sort through of my own clothes -tidied, decluttered, and did a seasons swap (well, high summer to autumn).

I found my list of the traditional German ornaments for a new couple that I wanted to locate (a Wedding present for my cousin which will be timed for early December), as well as the order form for labels for my knits (so I have decided what I want and can order online this week).

I am not going to worry about freezer meals yet as we are trying to empty the freezer at the minute and we need to buy a new one very soon (which should be bigger). Oh well, doing this means no need for a large supermarket shop this or next weekend, so that's an extra 2 hours cleaning time each week!!

goldenqueenalicia

Retire Member
Jul 16, 2008

Okay I feel a bit better

I did get to both the front porch and the back deck yesterday
still need to trim weeds

I have last years card list should update
started christmas shopping
working on gifts to make
need to plan for trips (2dd's in college and 1of2ds in boot camp)
need to plan for parties I'm hosting (halloween ball, thanksgiving breakfest, christmas day, dh's company christmas party)
start food drive box
goodies to share list need to make
updated my christmas notebook working on a portible one

now going to check and see whats for this week

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007

Lists:

( ::eek:rnament: ) Gifts to be given, amt. to spend. I am almost done with this. Just need to figure out what to get for my Dad.
( ::eek:rnament: ) Christmas Card List
( ::eek:rnament: ) Visits to make...None!
( ::eek:rnament: ) Parties...None!
( ::eek:rnament: ) Menus for TG, X-mas. Same as every year
( ::eek:rnament: ) Goodies for Sharing/Gifts. I'm going to go with my standard recipes and then add one extra to try, I think.

( ::eek:rnament: ) Favorite meals to freeze ahead. Chicken Enchilada Casserole and Lasagne. Those will be the two that I try this year to see if they taste ok reheated.
( ) Long-term shopping list. Still to do this too
( ::eek:rnament: ) Create a Christmas planner notebook. I technically already have one setup but I need to tweak it a bit and add the dividers that I bought. Might work on that this weekend.

Porch Week: We have a small front and backyard so I'll be doing both this week
( ::eek:rnament: ) Move potting soil to the backyard.
( ::eek:rnament: ) Put corner metal shelf in the corner!
( ::eek:rnament: ) Move flower stakes to the garage...no point in putting them up now!
( ::eek:rnament: ) Put flag holder in the ground...might put my fall flag on there to get into the spirit of things!
( ::eek:rnament: ) Throw away dead hanging plant.
( ) Switch blueberry plant with tomato plant.
( ) Put cover on table.
( ::eek:rnament: ) Lay grass seed down on bare spots...now that maintenance came ot fix the sprinkler head!
( ::eek:rnament: ) Wash paint splaters off the front door.
( ::eek:rnament: ) Find somewhere to hang Fall wreath and plaque. Found a spot, just won't put them up yet.
( ) Decorate for Fall? I'm still debating on whether I want to put out some of my ceramic pumpkins yet. Maybe I can buy some Mums (probably fake or I'll forget to water them) now and put those on my wire rack...not too obvious! Saw Wal-mart was putting a bunch out. I think I'll wait until the first day of fall. I have my fall flag out though.
( ) Wash outside windows.
( ::eek:rnament: ) Sweep and hose off walkway.
( ) Spray out and disinfect garbage and recycling bins. That had to wait until Monday since I didn't account for the garbage still in it! Trash day is Monday so I'll do that after they come pick it up! Recycling has to wait until the 17th!

I almost got everything done.

I have to say that when I was starting out and trying to figure out which plan I was going to go with, I started to panic. They are different and I didn't know which one would work best for me (so I just chose one and we'll see what happens). Then I started to wonder how I would ever fit everything in that needed to be done...on top of the "regular" household chores. Then, add to that the Halloween countdown, Thanksgiving countdown and Christmas countdown! I just don't know how it'll all jive together. I really don't want to be exhausted by the time Christmas gets here! I can only hope that everything magically comes together and it all gets done and I'm not completely tired out for the Holidays! :thud:

christmas3

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
I started out really going at it. I got my furniture washed, the porch washed off, and got half of my porch painted :-D .........THEN the county fairs started :slap: . I do not know WHY I think I can start this plan in September. We had a fair on Labor Day. We had State Fair that weekend. We had West Tn. State fair the next weekend, and this past weekend we had Mid-South Fair. We have had one every weekend. It is this way every year. I always get behind. We are gone all weekend long, come home-wash ALL the clothes for the five of us, and then have to repack them and repack the cooler to go again. :help: :help:

But we are finished and I am going to get started again.

Christmas3
:package: :package: :package: