January 2012 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Are you following the calendar or do you have some other goals for January? Post them in thie thread and let's get moving toward a clutter free house!!

:clothes:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
My plan is to follow the calendar that luludou provided and also do the Flylady Zones.

Annie

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
I'll be using the calendar that Luludou provided as well :)

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
I am looking forward to trying the calendar luludou posted, as well as some on-going paperwork organizing projects.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I might try some on the calendar along with other stuff. I really liked the room a month decluttering like we had last year---you pick the room and go for it. Of course I only got thru a couple but......

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Yes Lana,...I agree....I am trying both...the calendar helps with baby steps and means I do something everyday and the monthly format helps with BIGGER jobs...

I started two threads.....
A monthly one (this one) and a weekly one for the calendar part. :)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
January Declutter Project...

The Basement:

I know everyone is getting tired of my basement...but its still not done...and especially with Christmas decor....getting put away etc.

[ ] Declutter Christmas as it continues to get put away. Goal: Give away at least twelve items!!

[ ] Another quick declutter of family room (it looks pretty good but needs some stocking stuff gone etc)

[ ] Declutter laundry room...EEK....this is a BIG one....GOAL: Get rid of baskets and boxes of clothing!

Those are my monthly goals along with the Declutter Calendar

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
My monthly goal is to declutter my craft room. I need to get that done this week as company will be here Saturday. I also am doing the daily devluttering.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I'm going to try and follow the calendar and also other things as I think of them.

This past Friday I went through stacks of scrapbooking magazines and was able to toss almost 20! Yippee!

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
It looks as if we are starting the Decluttering New Year calendar with lots of enthusiasm!

Today I am putting my new calendar book together. I keep a notebook calendar/organizer in order to record my appointments and ambulance calls, and I add the Flylady Zones to the information. Flylady has taught me to swish clean my sinks, etc., but combined with the Organized Home plan, it's a win-win plan!

~Allison

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I will be following the weekly thread using the calendar. As well as a monthly room & doing morning & night routines.

I need to get some stuff that hasn't been put away out of the DR.

For me because of circumstances, for the most part it will be a issue of not letting the clutter back in.

Christmasstar

Retire Member
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario Canada eh!
I will both follow the calendar, and do what ever I need to do to declutter. Used to be I never minded the clutter, but now, I really want to be better organised.
Thanks for a great thread!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Monday, January 2nd...... Decluttering in 2012! We LOVE it!

For the past two days.... I have been doing a "general once-over" of the living room, family room and kitchen...... PLUS: I have taken THREE big black trash bags of clutter.... OUT of the bedroom! And... I have taken one big bag of donations.... Out The Door!

Once it is gone...... it IS gone!

Hurray for that!

"Space" is soothing and peaceful.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today decluttered my Sears' catalogs - threw out 6.
Decluttering as I clean every room after the 'Holiday celebrations'

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I got 1 bag of trash out of the craft room.

I am not quite sure what my room of the month to declutter will be. My bedroom and craft room are both in a sorry state.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
As I de-decorated today I sorted through all the Christmas stuff and actually got a box of things to give to Goodwill...this was a nice accomplishment, it is hard to part with Christmas do-dads, but some of these things just need to be moved on...for my monthly project, probably filing away paperwork and collecting tax stuff will be what I concentrate on..

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Tuesday, January 3rd.

The new furnace is being installed this morning.

This afternoon... I will spend time decluttering in our bedroom. AND THEN... some time decluttering in the kitchen.

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
Got the Christmas storage area all organized and all the inside Christmas put away, just need to undecorate the front of the house! Got a new large tub to put the lights and small stuff in for the outside. Hoping to start getting my tax stuff together this week.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Dedecorated today. The only thing I got rid of is a box of light boxes. I never put them back in the box so why keep the boxes? makes more space to put away the other stuff more neatly. DH made me a couple of boxes for some big ornaments for which I had no boxes.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
LOTS of Christmas is taken down. The tree is GONE! Most of the "Christmas items"... have been moved to the office/guest room/Christmas room. When the furnace was broken.... this room was FREEZING! Well..... the new furnace is purring along! So.... I will begin making forays into that room. I think I will begin with "Two Minute Forays".... in between Home Blessing THings.

This room will have to be my January Room Of The Month!