January 2012 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
2 pans are now in the trash bin. DH had bought new ones last year to replace but hadn't done it yet. It is now done.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Got rid of two bags today - one for trash and one for Good Will. Not much, perhaps, but it's a start. My first decluttering of 2012.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Those two bags will add up to a lot if done consistently. Keep up the good work decluttering.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wednesday January 18th: I am astonished at the amount of decluttering/cleaning/organizing that has posted since my last visit! Great Work! WOW!

Today is the day of the Great Search! (I have "lost" something.... INSIDE the house.) I am beginning with our bedroom. Stripped the bed: nope! Not in the bed. I got down on the floor... and discovered A LOT OF STUFF on the floor. So... I'll go back in.... with the broom and vacuum cleaner and lots of cleaning supplies..... and look thoroughly! I intend to declutter A LOT... while I search!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Nothing like a good search and rescue mission to help declutter.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Sometimes a good search & rescue mission is exactly what is needed.

Decluttered one of my 'junk-souvenir' boxes. Lots of things from the kids in there + my diaries but had lots of other papers which I got rid of. Found 2 boxes of cards in there too... relocated them with the other cards.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Decluttered my big jewelry - junk box . There was lots of things there besides jewelry. Got rid of knick-knacks & threw out stuff too. Been a long time since I had cleaned that out. SN aren't you proud of me?

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Luludou.... HOW do you get the inspiration to keep going???? I am very impressed and VERY proud of you!!!

ChristmasRose... you.... I am JEALOUS of you!!! Decluttering clothes AND weight!!!! What a GOOD JOB!!!

OK. It is Friday... is it the 19th of January?

Decluttering the bedroom.... while I search for the "famous lost item".... was GREAT! It is SO peaceful and pretty now! UNFORTUNATELY.... the excess "paper" stuff.... has been moved to the Family Room/Dining Room! So... that room is the logical "next step". Sigh. Sigh SIGH!

OK... I"ll make a deal with you: I will BEGIN to work on this room. AND.... at some point.... I will treat myself to an "outing"!!!! We almost always need "something" from the market (food). I CAN take a donation to the thrift shop. I CAN use a trip to the library!!!!!

OK.... work first!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
SN.. YOU are my inspiration with babysteps!
Sunday January 22nd.
Got rid of 3 books (got ALOT more to go through), 1 lamp, a few picture frames, and a few other odds & ends.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I got a half a bag of trash from my room, 3/4 laundry basket for recycling and have some items for Goodwill. Still cleaning to do and drawers to go thru. Then on to my closet and vanity area. That is what I would like to do this week in the evening is my room.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Decluttered the pharmacy cabinet and did a GOOD purging mostly of creams and makeup stuff (which I never wear). LOTS was thrown away. I love looking inside my cabinet now.
Downstairs threw away some boxes and some odds & ends.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Lana and luludou..... GOOD WORK!

Monday... January 23. For some reason.... when I looked at the calendar.... I jumped to "the end of January"!!!! No.... it is NOT the end of January.

Paperwork decluttering has been going on today. (Along with the regular routine house stiff.) Now.... I am taking a break.... to go to the market.

Things are... gradually.... getting better and better and better. It is becoming more peaceful here.

Yesterday was the biweekly "half-price day" at the thrift shop. I didn't go. I just... didn't want to go and "look at stuff".

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I did get the bathroom cabinets and medicine cabinets done Friday night. That made me feel good!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
MinnieCo.... when those cabinets are cluttered with old, junky stuff.... it makes you feel bad.... whenever you open the medicine cabinet! A clean cabinet.... with only things you use.... is "refreshing".

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Sunday jan 29th.
Yesterday I washed & decluttered pantry in basement. Got tin boxes out of there, an old crockpot, and plastic containers... I'll give it all to mom and she can do what she wants with the stuff.. it is out of here!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
My January has been productive....not in big ways in big problem areas but in lots of small ways and it does make a difference...to open a drawer that is not crammed with junk, to see the top of the desk with out piles of paper, to open the bathroom cabinet and find stuff I actually use and not stuff I'm keeping because "I hate to throw it away.."

Declutter is definately a process that one has to do over and over again....sometimes on the calendar it lists something that I feel like "I've just done that" BUT rather than resisting the urge to skip doing it and mark it off the list....I MAKE myself take a quick look at it...and get it back in order...sometimes I find one or two things have already made their way into a nice decluttered area!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Sunday, January 29th! One-twelfth of our new year.... is almost complete!

Decluttering is becoming more and more important to me! The clear, peaceful, empty space that decluttering creates.... is so delightful!!1

Remember that we had dinner with old friends on Friday night? They are putting their house up for sale.... SOON! Because.... they plan to move to Arizona by the end of May.

They have lived in their home for 40 years... and it is a BIG house.... and they have NEVER had to declutter! The real estate agent wants them to declutter.... BEFORE the house goes up for sale! That is going to be really, really tough! That makes me see.. what a good idea we have.... to work ALL YEAR on decluttering! Because.... for MOST of us.... it is really, really tough work!

Today... I am working on the entranceway..... again! That area just seems to keep on getting filled up with clutter! It is SO EASY... to stick stuff there... as I am going out or coming back in!

Are you planning to declutter today?