January 2012 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Yesterday i managed to do three loads of laundry but not any real decluttering in the laundry room....I just wasn't "feeling it". LOL

I find that I have to be in the right frame of mind before tackling that darn basement....where are my snow days??? I usually feel like decluttering in a snow day...LOL

CraftyLady

Retire Member
Apr 4, 2011
I went through the spice shelf (and the two other shelves in that cabinet) but I didn't really have any to get rid of. I did condense a couple jars though. I threw out old brown sugar, corn meal and coffee. We brought 2 things to Best Buy for recycling this weekend too. We just have an old monitor in the basement left to recycle. The basement isn't in too bad shape we just have to find a place for a few things and still come up with a way to contain my husband's area. I'm going to check the calendar now and see what I can get done from it.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I went through a bag of old mail. Now I have things I need to file...that's a task for tomorrow night...can't wait for File It Friday because our youth group is having a lock-in from 7 PM until 7 AM Saturday morning...why do I do these things to myself? lol

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Tuesday night, January 10th! Plenty of real life stuff going on.... On the decluttering front: two big trash bags went Out The Door today. AND... a big bin (full of donations) is sitting by the front door. Tomorrow I will take it to the Thrift Shop.

AND... a big paper grocery bag of paper went into the Paper Recycling Bin.

The Very Best Thing... seems to be: Get Things Out THE DOOR...... AND.... BE REALLY CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT YOU DO BRING INSIDE.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Emptied a binder of exercises I was keeping since I took a course in 2000... time to let go :) More paper for recycling! That was my small step today.

DD got rid of some camis & t-shirts... they are already at dniece's house, yay!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
* Filled a bag with old personal papers to take to work for shredding.
* Down sized on the Christmas decorations.
* Filled a bag with clothes to donate to Salvation Army. I also filled a bag with a bunch of wooden hangers that I no longer want to use. They take up too much space in my closets. (Couldn't fit all of my clothes)
* Threw out a bunch of old/expired cosmetics

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Increase instead of decreased

Everyone is doing so very well with their decluttering.

I just filled up any space from what I've decluttered. lol The neighbor helped dh move DD furniture over here. He was so nice they also tossed in every else that was in her room. None of that stuff was even packed in boxes. So everything is now here at the house. Way too many things she has. Maybe I can get her to declutter some items.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I didn't make it here yesterday, but I was out in the garage and pulled out 7 boxes and 2 smaller bins of scrapbook supplies, that I managed to bring down to 2 boxes and the same two bins! I have a box for GoodWill of some stuff, some I will try and find a school maybe to donate to, and some I am going to try and sell. I had an entire bin filled with things I was going to "alter"...but that never happened! I know the money isn't the only driver, but if I can get a couple of bucks for the new/unused things it would be helpful...if not it will all get donated somewhere!

Tomorrow's project...shredding!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Saturday January 14th! The "Decluttering Flame"... has been kept alive! Hurray! Cheers of appreciation to those who have been working and posting!

A sparkling cold and bright... winter... three-day-weekend in the USA! In Jsanuary! What an opportunity.... to kick off our 2012 Decluttering! ANYtHING you do... will start the "avalanch"... of peacefulness..... (which is eventually arriving in 2012!) Baby Steps Do Work!!!

I am taking a comfy break... to visit my MHH Family. So far today... there has been "general pick-up mode"! THAT always leads to small bits of junk... from every corner... being dumped! And THAT starts the Decluttering for the Weekend!!

For those who are interested.... on the new OWN TV network.... there are two episodes of Peter Walsh's new Decluttering Show... this afternoon (USA east coast time... 2:00 & 3:00... I think).

A WEEKEND worth of decluttering... in Baby Steps... could make a nice dent on the world-of-clutter! Don't you think so?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Three trash bags to the thrift store today. I am looking for an old bowling trophy but the thrift store I knew had some was not open today. So only items out today instead of something coming into the house.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Too bad you live so far Diedra... I think dh has a whole box of bowling trophees in the Attic.

I decluttered dd's beads (plastic ones) and they will be given to dniece... so while I was at it I decluttered 1 drawer from my set of craft drawers so I could use the bead boxes with separators in there.
5 computer games are getting thrown out of here too.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Aggy, good job.

I think everybody is moving along well.

I got a couple items fixed and ready to move out of my house.

Have 2 days off now so hope to get more crap moved out or organized.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Decluttered my craft notebook. Decluttered my basket in which I will put my Christmas 'tote' stuff.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Just wanted to share that I took 2 bags of clothes and books to the Goodwill truck today. I'm glad to have those things out of the house.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Still finding Christmas items around the house. LOL.

Today while doing routine cleaning, I threw out a lot of little candle holders that I had not used in ages. I was holding on to them just in case but realized that I am never going to use them.

I also found a few other things I plan to donate to the Salvation army like picture frames and clothes that I know I'm not going to wear.

The idea of getting my kitchen completely redone has me thinking of a lot of changes I hope to accomplish this year, including getting a new living room set. It is just the kick I needed to really get rid of things I no longer use or want.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
We got rid of a LOT of stuff in our post-Christmas cleaning blitz. 1 car load to the dump, and about 4 bags to clothes bank (they're sorted from there for thrift store (re-wearable items) and re-use as just cloth for rag rugs etc (for the more well-worn items)), as well as throwing out a LOAD of stuff into both the regular and recycling bins (lots of DD's artworks have been cleared - we kept a few, but she is prolific in creating them!!). I also have 2 bags to move onwards at the moment - one for thrift shop and one for storage unit (that is the good clothes DD no longer fits that her cousins will wear in time to come - the tracksuits and things that had been well worn but still wearable went to the clothes bank a couple of weeks ago).

There are still a few areas I need to pay more attention to - but the house is looking a LOT better now than it was in October last.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Went through my notebook of recipies I've collected over the last few years. I finally got them hole-punched and into sections. Even trashed some of the ones I tried but didn't like or turned out bad.

I've decided to get rid of my 7 ft. tree. It was pre-lit however, the lights no longer work. I will either donate it or take to the dumpster. I want to get the tree that has those thick lush branches. They look so real.