January 2012 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've decluttered the crayons, paint, 'thingies' drawer in my craft room. Lots of non-working crayons & markers were thrown away. Little erasers & cute crayons are being given to dniece (4).

I've also started decluttering the basement armoires. A few 3-ring binders went in the trash (they are all ripped), iron shelves bought for school lockers are being given away since the kids do not use them anymore, odds & ends have been put in their right place. A few cute writing books are also being given away to dniece for her drawings.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I have a list of the decluttering tasks I missed these last few weeks and plan to knock them out in the next ten days.

Annie

PS- SparkleNana- Your friends are moving to Az at the worst possible time- when it is the hottest!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I haven't been posting much recently, but we have been gradually making more inroads into the decluttering. Like lots of others, small steps - which are making a bigger difference in the long run.

I am working on a drawer in my bedroom, a cupboard in the bathroom, 2 craft drawers of DDs and a bookshelf this week. So lots of little things to keep me going - as and when I am in those rooms for other reasons anyway.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Winged One... I LIKE that idea! Establishing a decluttering project in several rooms.... and.... working on it... whenever you are in that room for other reasons!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Monday January 30th

I went in the basement and cleared out over 20 magazines + other odds & ends of papers. And there is still ALOT down there.... Many Christmas magazines, TONS of recipes I collect in a magazine each month (been doing that for so many years!). I want to throw some away but dd doesn't want me to, so I'll wait a little more.
Amazing, I throw away, I get rid of... and it's still full!!! it sure was crammed in those cabinets!

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
I am still working on paper decluttering--but this is years worth, so it is an on-going project...I agree Ginger, just doing a drawer or a shelf or a pile, it just feels good to see progress--

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Luludou... when you start sorting magazines... to declutter... it's surprising how much they weigh, isn't it? GOOD JOB!

Snowlvr.. paper decluttering!!!!! At least... that is ONE job that they haven't "exported".... although.... I kind of wish......

Anyway.... it is our final day of January! I am "decluttering" outside today! LUCKILY.... I AM faithful to Dr. Oz.... and I WILL declutter inside.... while I watch his program today!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I've run out of things to declutter right now. Well that's the excuse I'm using. lol

Anyway, I am excited about getting my kitchen redone. I will be doing a lot of decluttering once it's finished. I think a new kitchen deserves some accessories. While on lunch break I started making a list of things I want to replace. Already replaced are my pots and pans as I was Blessed with new ones as Christmas gifts.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Hello all! Haven't been here in a while, but I have been decluttering and organizing! I have even gotten hubby to let go of 2 years of a magazine he gets....I REALLY didn't think he'd let them go...felt SO good to dump them in the recycle bin!! I've set up my GoodWill donation box and will hopefully have it full enough to drop it off next week.

I've also been going thru the piles of papers and organizing them, so we can decide where they need to go....I've gone through all of mine and this week we will go through DH's papers. Lots of papers in the recycle bin and lots shredded!

Also on the plan for this week is our bedroom closet...not sure if there's anything to let go of, but I want it better organized.

I've been corralling things in the living room and keeping the end tables neatened...feels really good to have a plan!