January Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have been really good with the decluttering. Never thought of de cluttering recipes, but that is something that needs doing at some stage, I will add it to the list. Have just gone through all the DVDs and removed some, at some stage would like to go through the CDs. Need to go through the linen cupboard too. Every where I look I see the potential to de clutter.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I'm getting back into declutter mode...I've started a pile of clothes to give away, and will be going through my recipes. I've had many of the for years, have no idea what's in there so if I haven't made it yet out it goes!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Need to load another 3 bags into the car. The charity bin at the shopping center is full so I will take it to work with me tomorrow and drop it in the bin there.

Feels good to get them out the door.
DH cleaned through his catch all drawer and got rid of a bag of trash.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've been working as I can on organizing/de-cluttering the apartment. We're still waiting for our house to be finished and have a lot of stuff in storage units and a lot of stuff sitting on shelves in our spare room waiting for the move home.

BUT I did go through both closets this weekend and get everything cleared out, organized and tidied up. Got all of DS's toys organized - which lasted 5 minutes LOL - and plan to work on bathroom closet and storage in one of our standing dressers next.

I coupon and have a fairly decent stockpile of extra toiletries, over the counter meds and cleaning products, etc. Need to go through and make sure like is with like so I know how much I have.

I threw out a decent bag of trash and have a large bag ready to go to Goodwill when the weather clears.

renea

MHH Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kansas
I decluttered my closet this weekend. I'm trying to decide if I want to take the things I cleaned out to Goodwill or save them for a garage sale.
I think I'll work on my recipe box this week.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DS room was horrible! and he is 26 :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Decluttered a full notebook of recipes yesterday! Should try to get rid of the 3-ring binder of recipes now.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Decluttered a full notebook of recipes yesterday! Should try to get rid of the 3-ring binder of recipes now.

I did the same thing the other night...would like to get rid of the big 3" binder...need to look for something smaller

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I have way too many recipes as well.

I love ripping them out of magazines but then rarely make them! :)

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Annie, I am the same, I have to folders full of tear outs, but always seem to cook the same things over and over. I either need to jazz things up a bit, or get rid of the folders

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I put ripped out recipes right next to me on the kitchen table. If I haven't made attempt to make the recipe in a few days I toss it. Sometimes if I really do think it might be a good recipe I'll find it on the internet and pin it. But the paper copy goes out to the trash. It's not like I'm not going to find more recipes. lol