January Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
SparkleNana I cleaned out my mom's kitchen cupboards before Christmas last year and found things from 2006. that was the last year she cleaned them out.

I have been slacking a little but that is because it has been too cold to go down in the basement. I am ready to go down now just finishing my coffee. I am hoping to have pictures up later of my progess on my blog

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
2 bags of shredded papers out the door. Have decluttered my bedside table of papers :)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have gone through all the craft and school supplies. I have a bag for the garbage and one to donate. The bag to donate will get dropped off when I go pick up DS from work.

Yippee!!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I will be working on my spare bedroom/scrapbook space this month. I really need to let go of the things I've had for years and will never use. Hopefully meeting a friend tomorrow and will pass along some scrapbook papers and stickers for her grandkiddies. I also have some shredding to do and want to stay more on the ball with that...do it weekly instead of waiting til the papers are overflowing!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Today…. Saturday…. I did lots of routine things….. AND lots of "real life things". I did NO decluttering today! HOWEVER>… I have been "trapped inside" by the snow, ice and terrible temperatures. By "escaping from the house" today….. I recharged my batteries.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Great going everyone.
Christmaslvr I like the idea of giving stuff to people who have kids, they would love craft supplies.

I think the craft cupboard is one of the hardest to clean.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I sent all the decorations I didn't want with my mom today. She is going to look through them, then let my nieces look and see if they want any afterwards.

I am decluttering my night stand drawers. I've thrown out some things and just relocated others. Some books I have are going to the church for the library.

Some of DH's shirts are going to a nephew for him to see if he wants them.

We ate leftovers for both meals today except breakfast. Does that count as decluttering (the refrigerator!)?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MissJane, it sure does. Great job.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
This is a busy thread!

I am going to declutter a lot this year in the house and out!

We have a zillion totes (well several) in the shed and garage of Christmas and like so many others so much we don't use I will go thru them when weather is warmer out. The guys had been going thru stuff in the shop. So much needs to go!

You guys are all doing so good!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I'm so happy we can all support each other in this endeavor!

Today is my "Read In" day and part of this will be going through some magazines.

I have an ongoing issue of magazines piling up! I think I need to schedule when to read them because they start piling up on me....

aggy- I laughed when I read your post. I noticed the same thing- I opened a kitchen drawer- there wasn't a thing in it! But another drawer was packed full! Ha ha! I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use my space (especially in the kitchen) since moving here.

Keep going everyone!!! 2014 will be a year long journey and when we start 2015- we will have a lot less stuff!!!!

I want to be defined by connections with people- memories, laughter, get togethers- not STUFF!!!! This is what will define my gift giving as well, so we don't end up with more STUFF!

Annie

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
De-cluttered

Well, looking around I think I will start with the homeschooling books ... have too many and all a mess.
:snowman2:
I will donate ones I don't need to our moms homeschooling freebie table at monthly meetings!!
I did one shelf!! Onto the other book cabinet!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Organizing

aggy- I laughed when I read your post. I noticed the same thing- I opened a kitchen drawer- there wasn't a thing in it! But another drawer was packed full! Ha ha! I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use my space (especially in the kitchen) since moving here.
:snowman2:
For me, one drawer on one side of my oven is plastic utensils and the other drawer on the other side is metal utensils. But do you think that DH, DS10 or DD21 could ever mange to put things away in correct drawers .... ? LOL ... no! Too much in a hurry to toss and go! Maybe I'm a little OCD.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Good Morning to All You Declutterers!!!!!!! Shall we let…. "little things"… set us back? Little things like…. record-breaking cold temperatures? Sickness? "Interruptions"…. like work and necessary travel…. and all kinds of other "must dos"???

Well…. they ARE "set backs". But…. do they have to stop us???? No.

So…. I have suffered a 3-day set back….. because of sickness. Today….. I will try to "gently"…. pick up the "decluttering threads".

How are you doing?

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
How on earth have I not posted this month yet? I've absolutely got decluttering on my mind! My house is reclaimed after Christmas. All lights and decor down, wrapping areas spotless, garbage out, and all good to go EXCEPT for: The Christmas tree. Man, if I start taking that down, it is going to total the place. But I'll just hold my breath and take it down this afternoon or tomorrow. Had planned to do it yesterday.

Anyhoo:
A box is in the car for the charity drop off.
Decluttered a cabinet to make room for easy access to the salad spinner.
Decluttered the kitchen and it looks much better.

Areas I'm glaring at: Master Bedroom and Office.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
January De-clutter Area

SparkleNana - good words!
Cindylouwho - "Areas I'm glaring at" ... that's funny!!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Ohmigosh!! Hurry! You have to all come to my house and look in my garage! It's CLEAN. I about dead-fainted away when I walked out there this morning. I told DH I'd help him if he'd clear out a space under the basketball hoop in the garage (ours is IN the garage because we get so much rain here). DS is starting up basketball season shortly and needs to practice. We worked for an hour in the cold and cleared out enough space under the hoop. I had to go in to get dinner on but he stayed outside another hour and kept going. When I went outside this morning I could not buh-lieve my eyes! It was clean! The whole thing!! Like park-2-cars in there clean!

Now it is really easy to see what needs to be done to improve storage as shovels and rakes and such are parked along the walls (when they need to be hanging). It is all seems so much more doable now. Two hours. Unbelievable! (Now I have to take a truckload to the dump and a truckload to the charity drop off).

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Cindylouwho…. what a wonderful story!!! Great teamwork….. between you and your dh.

Today…. I did accomplish many "routine" but "important" things. Any decluttering today? No.

Well….. I'll think about that… tomorrow!!!!