January Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Cindylouwho - awesome teamwork!! You and your DH rock!!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Nice job on that garage. What a major difference that will make every time you walk out there.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well done on the decluttering Cinylouwho.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Small thing accomplished last night... got rid of coupons!! all expiry dates were past.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Good job on the coupons. I need to do that too.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Cindylouwho- Awesome on the garage!

Great job, everyone!

Annie

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Way to go Cindylouwho!

I thought my kitchen was done until I got on here and read about you guys cleaning the refrigerator. I completely forgot. I need to clean mine out as well. I'm ashamed to tell you all but I still have pineapple upside down cake, egg nog cookies (That I forgot to put in the tin of cookies for my neighbor) and a half dozen of cupcakes on the bottom shelf from Christmas. :eek: Also have some expired milk and eggnog left on side of door. So as soon as I get home I'm going straight to the kitchen, grab a trash bag and empty out the entire fridge. :D

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
aggy- Don't feel bad. On Monday night I went through the fridge and got whatever I could out of there from the holidays.
There was still a bit of ham, some veggies, and a bit of my sister's breakfast casserole.

The worst was the turkey carcass from Christmas day was still there! I never put it in the freezer. I felt bad, but had to throw it out. No turkey noodle soup from that Tom.

Annie

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
January De-clutter Area

I'm glad it's not just me! I won't even mention the "science experiment" growing in a container in the back of frig we forgot about! LOL
:snowman2:

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I was thinking I would do my frig this weekend then remembered we have to take DS22 to college this weekend. It is out of state and near mom's so we spend the night at her house.

Looks like I'll be doing it tonight.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Well the garage must have gotten me all inspired at what can be done in two hours. Now I'm looking at everything with a clock in my viewfinder. Yesterday I opened my "small appliance" armoire (loaded with things like the crockpot, the mixer etc). Decluttered a stack of cookbooks I didn't need that were in there and the next I knew I had the whole thing unloaded. Wiped it down, decluttered and put back nicely.

Then I cleaned out the basement fridge right after -- on accident. (What a pain, but at least its done). DH had bought some groceries and one had a leak. Say no more. The entire thing had to wiped down. So that's done too.

Today is the deadline for the Christmas tree. I made sure I have guests coming tonight so that it will force me to get it done.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
It is addicting. I bet everything is looking very nice and you are very proud!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Did some decluttering in my craft-catch-all closet.

- 6 Sears catalog
- a few old boxes
- Got a bagful of patterns that will be taken to the thrift shop
- Had a nice set of fancy small coffecups never used... they are out of here too... maybe dniece will play tea party with them.
- Had a Christmas scrapbook album brand new in the going out bag too.
- DH got rid of a pair of skates
- DH got rid of a binder full of his papers too

That closet is still too full! but it isn't as bad as a few years back. the decluttering yearly is paying off.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
January De-clutter Area

Took down tree, took three boxes to Hospice thrift house, and went through one shelf of books and donated to moms meeting on Thursday!

Yea!
:snowman2:

SantasGirl

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2008
Southeastern Ohio
I lost my job the week before Christmas and although I will have to go back to work someday, I plan on taking the winter off and decluttering/cleaning the whole house. I don't know if any of you need help/inspiration/ideas but there's a wonderful site called organizedhome.com that has a cleaning plan starting 1/13/14. I don't plan on following it exactly because I don't have some of the rooms but it has been an inspiration for me.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Santasgirl, MHH is an off-shoot from organizedhome! We follow the Christmas plans from the site! Come join us when it starts up in August. That's how we all try to be better organized by the time Christmas gets here.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
January Decluttering. Working in the kitchen. It is AMAZING…. the"amount of stuff"…. that I have crammed in there, over the years. Bit by bit…. I am whittling away at the excess stuff!!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Yay Ladies!!!! Nice to read everyone's progress.

Got the fridge all cleaned out as promised. While cleaning I found leftover cranberry sauce waaaaay in the back of the fridge. Yesterday I cleaned out my drawer of winter hats and gloves. I need to put them somewhere else. I keep all of my scarves on hangers in the coat closet for easy access. I'm thinking of putting a small basket in there as well for the hats and gloves so that i can get them out of my bedroom. Will put that on this week's shopping list.

Today I plan to tackle the sock drawers. I have so many pairs of socks. One drawer holds white socks and another drawer holds my colorful print socks. I'm going through them and the ones with holes and such are going in the trash.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
LuLu -- Good job on the Craft stuff. I have got to go in an give my craft closet another purge and am just dreading it. I purged it last Spring but I still can't just pull stuff out of there without having to pull out multiple items to get to something. Some of it just needs to GO.

Aggy -- The glove basket sounds like a great idea. We have a pretty sock basket that I keep on the counter over the dryer. It holds the remaining sock when its twin goes missing. Works really well and every so many weeks, all the twins find themselves (or get pitched). I should do another one for gloves.

DH and I got all the Christmas Tree stuff put away. All the boxes are back in the attic all nice and neat. Next week I can start repacking the other items back into the attic (the ones that were displaced when we were hauling out the Christmas stuff. Again, so thankful DH built those shelves in the attic last summer.

This weekend I've pretty much been a bum. Surfing the web quite a bit, looking for inspiration to keep throwing things away. Ordered a Fiskars 30-gallon Kangaroo Bin off Amazon to use for my decluttering shifts. I needed something that I could pop-up and take directly to the car to get down to the charity drop-off (they have bins they just dump stuff in so a box is not critical). I never have boxes the right size and that tends to slow me down. Plus I don't like empty boxes sitting around. Hoping this solves the problem.