Join me in choosing your "Word" for 2008

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Like others- I am going to choose ME!!!!

I am always the last on all of my own lists! And I'm about tired of it!!

Actually, I already thought about a (three) word theme that I want to work on this year.

It is: EXTREME SELF CARE.

This is a concept I read about years ago by Cheryl Richardson. I have always been interested in exploring it but as I previously mentioned since I never give myself the time, I never have tried it as a lifestyle.

Extreme self care is all about getting proper rest, nutrition, exercise. Ya know, taking care of yourself. And also taking time to do the tings you want to do. Loving yourself! :love:

Great topic!

Annie

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
For those you you focusing on ME or self discovery or something similar...there is a whole forum over at musesmecca...where we will be using art to explore self...so not get intimidated....its easy fun stuff...art journals, scrapping, all sort of things. I'm going to take part in it through 2008...because just like all the women I know...I'm always at the bottom of the list too!!!! Here's a link directly to one of the topics in the forum...we are just getting started!!!

http://www.musesmecca.com/forums/viewto ... ?f=27&t=58

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Okay, I think I've finally decided on my word. I've been thinking about this all day. I know what things/areas of my life I need to work on, but I was trying to sum it up in one word. I came up with INVOLVEMENT. Believe me, I'm plenty involved with volunteering, committees, etc., sometimes to the point of being over-committed to the things that aren't really important to me or my family - wrong priorities! In 2008, I want to be more involved in that which coincides with my priorities. I've been wanting to:
*get involved with the women's group at church - some me time that I also need
*set up a regular date night with hubby so that we can be more involved with one another - not just with the kids
*organize a family night a few times a month - not just movie and popcorn which we always do, but something more involved and active with one another
*become involved in a regular (key word there!) exercise program - maybe joining Curves (if I pay for it, I know I'll do it!)

I also want to become LESS involved in certain things by saying no or graciously back out of some things that aren't important.

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
Like Mrs Soup my word is going to be RELAX-I never take the time for myself-I am always doing things for my family which I love to do but this year I need to start taking care of me-I am a breast cancer survivor and I push myself too much which is not good in order to continue to stay healthy-the wheels in my head are rolling all the time of things I want and need to do-so I would like to learn to RELAX-take a bubble bath-read a book-watch some good movies-lose some weight-excercise-and do the things I want to do-so my word is RELAX. WOMAN

:heartsNY:

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
Oooooohhh... I wish I had time to read everyone's posts on this but this one got away REALLY fast.

I love this idea and I choose for my family's WORD, a word that was given to us by a prophet a few months ago... RESTORATION!

:heartsNY: :happynewyear: :heartsNY:

ChristmasMissy

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Georgia
Okay, I have decided on my word - CHANGE. I'm ready to have a few things changed this year. LOL
1) My health - gotta eat better
2) I need to be better organized than in the past
3 + 4) We are launching a new church in March - My new job is administrative assitant at my church so that's something that has changed..lol
5) My family - wanting to add to it
6) Looking into buying a home this year.

Change equals growing to me.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I love this thread. I've been telling my daughter in 2008 I plan on being more focus on me and enjoying the moment while living in the moment. I want to have more fun and do things & be around people that it feels good to be around.

So my word for 2008 is : GOOD

Wither it's my relationship with family & friends, work, play, learning, whatever....If it doesn't feel GOOD and I have a choice in the moment I'll go somewhere else instead of not enjoying myself.

I'll let the world around me enjoy the smart, fun, loving creature I am in the moment as long as they're in their place to feel GOOD also.

Here's to feelinfg GOOD in 2008

:happynewyear:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
De-clutter. My major goal right now is to make a tidy house and to maintain it. Seems simple, but it was my husband's home before I moved in and he'd already used up all the space; every cabinet, shelf, and drawer was already full. Adding my stuff in to the midst of it has resulted in a cluttered mess. I spent 4 hours today cleaning out the basement and I'm nowhere near finished. My challenge is to respond rationally rather than sentimentally to the bins of "stuff" that are sucking the life out of our home. If I haven't touched it in a year, it's gone!

Holly & Ivy

MHH Member
Jan 2, 2008
I'll try this again. I messed up the first time around. My computer keeps booting me off for some reason, and I started a new topic when I meant to reply. Anyway, my word is:

Serendipity! It's my favorite word in the English language!
Definition: discovery of something fortunate: the accidental discovery of something pleasant, valuable, or useful

2. gift for discovery: a natural gift for making pleasant, valuable, or useful discoveries by accident

That about sums it all up in my opinion. Discovering and appreciating those blessings of love, family, faith, hope, and positive attitude and self care that I have.

pjadams49417

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
My Word for 2008 is "DEEPEN".

I have been scudding along on the surface of life for so long now that my shallowness is actually getting swampy. I flit from interest to distraction like a water bug, and never break the surface of anything. If I were a seed, my life supporting roots would be spread far around me, but right on the top of the ground where they bake in the sun, dry up, and wither away with exposure and lack of nutrients. I am starving my soul. I must DEEPEN.

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
:heartsNY: My word for 2008 will be POSITIVE. I need to stay positive in my thinking. My job is taking it's toll on me and I've had some disapointments in my personal life that have had me a bit blue lately. A positive outlook always makes even the bad stuff not so bad.

Great words ladies, this is going to be a very insprational thread! :flower:

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
pjadams49417 said:
My Word for 2008 is "DEEPEN".

I have been scudding along on the surface of life for so long now that my shallowness is actually getting swampy. I flit from interest to distraction like a water bug, and never break the surface of anything. If I were a seed, my life supporting roots would be spread far around me, but right on the top of the ground where they bake in the sun, dry up, and wither away with exposure and lack of nutrients. I am starving my soul. I must DEEPEN.

Ooh, I like that. Mine was ENGAGE, but I really can relate to your post. I wouldn't describe myself as shallow, but I do suspect I can do more than I do. :)

Can I toss out a general question to those with a word. How are you using your word? What steps are you planning to take to bring it closer and into your daily life?

Can I toss out a general question to those with a word. How are you using your word? What steps are you planning to take to bring it closer and into your daily life?

I am planting my word (ACTION) all around the house. So far, it is working well. If I have spent too much time on the computer....I see the word ACTION and realize that I need to get moving and do some things on my list or do something with the kids. Now....if I could just see that word at 5:30am when I need to get out of bed and exercise!!

Belles

Retire Member
:cloudnine: My word for 2008 "Peace"....
Just to rest in God and trust that He knows best. To keep my mind on Him , which keeps me in perfect peace. To be at peace that I can't do it all, but it will still get done. Not to live in fear of the unknown or things I can't control, but to just be at peace with myself and everyone and eveything around me. Just to be at Peace...

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
You guys this thread is really awesome....I am so enjoying reading everyone's word...if you don't mind I think I will use a Word every few weeks on the front page along with your brief descriptions of them.... it's so inspiring...

if you prefer not to be spotlighted on the frontpage just let me know and I will certainly respect that!!!

ALL of the words are sooooooo GOOD....I want to use them all....which brings me to my word again and the reason I need it ...LOL

SIMPLIFY

1. I am going to start my art journal for 2008 with my word...
2. I am going to write my word at the top of each month in my planner
3. I am going to print out and tape the word above my desk both at work & home
4. I am taking a big step and a scary one to "live" my word...I am going to quit my part time second job. It will take about six months to be able to do so but it is a goal I will work toward...Honestly with DD18 going to college I can use the money BUT when I really figure in all the factors....I'm not sure I'm actually making money AND I am making stress.
5. I am going to declutter in a major way....to simplify my home

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
What's amazing to me is how all these words intertwine! Gingerbug you certainly are taking ACTION to SIMPLIFY and that will give you PEACE, etc. I think that is really cool. A good crafting project for January would be to alter your word-you could even incorporate images or photos that help you to envision your word.
An example of an altered word-
https://secure.storytellersclub.com/New ... fault.aspx

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
LOVE the altered word idea...jackfrosty...!! :jumpinghearts:

I put a word up on the home page...check it out...each one will be just a simple quote from what you all have written...

http://magicalholidayhome.com/