Join me in choosing your "Word" for 2008

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
:bigsnow: This is really a great thread...wow...very thought provoking. I just found this so I am thinking of my word.

Originally for New Years, I wanted to be more compassionate...however after looking up the definition, it is not exactly what I had in mind. I know I need to consider other people's feelings more than I do, not sure if that is compassion or not.

I love all of the words that have been chosen...I could just use them all and have them posted all over my pc room...but then it would not be organized and probably not very peaceful either :help:

Will work on that today and see if I can come up with one more appropriate for what I want to do.

Catch ya all later...
Linda

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
To keep my word in front, I am going to find some letter blocks and put them in the places. One in the kitchen, living room and one in the bedroom next to my computer.
It is amazing how all fo the words relate to each other.

hsflymom

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I read through this topic, and it convinced me I was in the right spot to start 2008. I chose DEDICATION for my word. I am going to post it around my house to remind me of it. So much of my life requires full DEDICATION, and I haven't fully dedicated myself to anything. I am going to choose fewer things, but really commit and dedicate myself to:

My Health - I have to lose weight and have never really dedicated myself to it.
My School - As a homeschool mom, I am going to really dedicate 2008 to being a great year for us.
My Family - Even though I am home with them all day, my kids need some "mommy" time more often, and I need time with just DH.
My God - I need to be dedicated to Him, and keep my focus on Him to keep my life afloat (ask Peter!)

In general, if I'm going to do something, I need to dedicate myself fully to it.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I love the idea of sharing the words on the front page! :love:

Great Idea!!!

Have I told you all lately how much I love you? :cloudnine:

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
Thanks for all these words :love:

One of the names of my new pages in my notebook is 'vocabulary'.
I have learned such a lot of new words and translate it into German.

My word of the year is 'SATISFACTION' That is what I like to achieve. And I write my word
vertical and search for some new words (sometimes yours -thanks for that)

S Simplify
A Action
T track (de-clutter items)
i identification (with my home)
S Spring Cleaning
F Family
A Abundance
C Clearance
T Team (to see my family as a team)
i Ideas (to write down, note them)
o Organize
N Natty

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I want to follow through on my plans since most get thought of, planned but then I don't do alot of them. So in searching I came up with Perform- "carry out". opposites: neglect/omit.

I want to perform better this year and not neglect what is truly important to me:
- My health (exercise, taking care of me, quit whining!)
- My family (family time, making memories- sending cards/calls/pictures)
- My marriage (dates, romance- letting him know i love him!!)
- My house (declutter, declutter, declutter)
- My friends (more get togethers & communication)
- My finances (work with spouse together!)
- My work (what do I want to do?)
- My spirituality (who am I?)

On my Commit to Me Day (24th) each month I will reflect on these categories.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I think I'll choose HOPE.

H - happy with who I am and where I am and where I am going (as in being PEACEFUL)

O - open to growing (as in being ACTIVE)

P - pleasures in life (as in stop to cherish the MOMENTS)

E - excited about new adventures in 2008 (as in SERENDIPITY)

All of these with thanksgiving to the Lord. :heartbeat:

ps Thanks for letting me 'borrow' words from everyone!
~Juli

:heartbeat: :jumpinghearts: :heartbeat:
"heartstrings:
:pink:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Wow! Alot of inspiration reading thru the thread. I have been trying to think of a word and so MANY were taken.

I think maybe I will choose LIVING, which really goes with so many of the words that are choosen.
Living every moment to the fullest with enjoying family, friends and God.
Living to please myself once in a great while and not everybody else. Like all of you others, I am always worrying about pleasing others and being sure they are okay. Have to take care of yourself.
Living life how you want and going after the dreams. You have to start getting out there and go for what you want.

hsflymom

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Basket,

I love the idea of taking my word and making an acrostic for it! I'm going to make one with the shortened version of my word, DEDICATE.

Thanks for the idea!

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
My word will be Acceptance... the act of believing.
Accepting that God has a plan for our lives.
Accepting that our lives are changing whether we want them to or not.
Accepting that we are all different with very different likes and dislikes and that does not make one more right than the other.
Accepting that we are becoming our parents and they are becoming our children.
Accepting that this new board will be a blessing.

This is probably my favorite thread...what an inspriation this is...thank you!!! :applause:

thood

MHH Member
Oct 18, 2007
For all those who chose living in the Moment as your word, I came across this quote today.

"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." Buddha

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Tht's a geat quote.

Jackfrosty I love your idea.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I challenged my Sunday school class this morning to do exactly this...to come up with a word to be "their word" for the rest of this church year, before some of them move up to another class.

I want to challenge them every 2-4 weeks to do something with their word. We'll do some class crafts with their words and look up Bible verses that contain their words and whatever else I can come up with for them to do. I had each of them write down their word and their favorite color so that I can get the materials needed to do the crafts. One thing we'll be doing is simply making book marks for their Bibles, using scrapbook materials, ribbon, tassels, etc. Then I'll laminate them in the church work room for them to keep with them.

Another idea is to take a length of 2" wide satin ribbon in their chosen color and glue glittered chipboard letters to it to make a banner..either lengthwise or across. I'll try to post some pictures when I get mine done to show you what I mean.

For 11 and 12 year old girls, they really did a good job choosing their words-two chose "Love", one chose "Believe" and one chose "Grace"! Not bad, huh?

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
I love the idea of using it with your Sunday School class. Before we moved I was working with a small group of 7th grade girls and that would have been a perfect thing to do with them.

I have chosen the word consistency. I need to be consistent with
My eating and exercise - I really need to lose weight
Myparenting
My housekeeping - I really want to get this new house unpacked in an organized manner and keep it clean
My time with God - Sometimes it feels like a rollercoaster when I think I need to be walking up a slow incline