Join me in choosing your "Word" for 2008

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
Cathymac, great idea challenging your SS class. Great words. I was talking to a gal from my Bible Study and mentioned this to her. She was going to think about it.
Our music pastor touched briefly on this in his message Sun. morning. Interesting how this thread has impacted others in our lives.

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
Such great and inspiring answers!!!

I've had a difficult time coming up with my word, but I think I've found something:

ENJOY

Just taking great pleasure in being alive. I'll work toward good health, enjoying the healthy foods I'll try this year and encouraging the kids to do the same. Enjoying a walk after school and hiking on the weekend. Maybe buying a bike for me, since I'm the only one who doesn't have one! I'll enjoy the pleasure of my family's company and be grateful they are with me. Work with DH on making more time just for us. I'll enjoy more crafting this year--hopefully some of it for me! Only doing activities that enrich my life and my family's...and saying no when it doesn't.

It's a wonderful life! :jumpinghearts:

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
luvbooks, what a great word! I think that's an upbeat word that encompasses all of the things we are aiming for and focusing on. Good one! :love:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I enjoyed reading everyone's posts. For me I've decided 'patience' is my word. I get impatient very easily. I hate to wait for things or anyone. I get very agitated and annoyed which makes my attitude turn really funky. LOL

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
My word (engage) is really helping me to not procrastinate because I'm trying to do it now. Anyone else finding success with their word?

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
Everytime when I feel I have done something right I remember all your words like mine ;) I often think about this thread. The words are all very helpful.
I´ve written mine in my signature to remember what I will accomplish.

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
Must I choose just one? hehe

Mine will be RENAISSANCE. :flower:

I finally embraced my freedom last year and am on the path of healing and rebirth.

Everytime I think I've chosen my word, someone posts another brilliant word, and I start dithering again!!!
I think I'll choose a word that I need rather than a word I just want (if that makes any sense!)

The last couple of years have been very tough- and I think I've let stress get the better of me and wind me up like a spring at times. Soooo- I think I'll choose a word a few others have chosen- one that my family need from me as much as I need myself-
Patience

(JUst LOVE this thread!)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I know what you mean....there are so many good words...I want them all....that's why I need the word: SIMPLIFY......LOL

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I think so many of our words are related so it's hard to separate them. :love:

Mishy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I'm finally ready to make a public commitment to my word. :-D

Actually, I feel like my word chose me and then I had to figure out how I could work with it. I wanted each letter to cover one or two key ideas. Once I had those, I saw that each idea could easily encompass at least one of the personal life goals categories. So, here's what I ultimately came up with:

F - fitness/food (Self)
A - alone time (Spiritual, Hobbies)
I - invitations (Family, Friends)
T - together (Marriage)
H - home (Home, Work)

Here's to a great 2008! :heartsNY:

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
I think my word is going to be JOY. I tend to get caught up in all of the details of day to day life, always looking ahead and never really enjoying the moment that I am in. I rush around so we can be somewhere else and don't take the time to share the joy of what is happening at the present time. I'm tired of doing that! I want to have JOY in 2008.

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
OK, I finally found this thread! That's an accomplishment in itself!!! :pink:

My word would have been faith, but that one has been taken. I'll choose BENEVOLNCE. Benevolence characterizes the true goodness of the mind and spirit, the unbiased kindness to do good. It is the expression of agape love (greek word for unconditional love).

You ladies really rock!!! :applause:

Gadler

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2008
This is such an inspirational thread. My word is going to be ELEGANCE - elegance in everything I do - whether it be in speech, action or whatever! :heartbeat:

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
I think my word is going to be BETTER. I want to be in "better" shape, I want to be a "better" wife, mother, friend. I want my house to be "better", my money matters to be "better" and I just want me to be "BETTER"! So, in order to achieve that, I decided that I'll work out and eat better, get all my finances in order and we'll be moving in a couple of months and what better time to declutter and organize my house! I plan on having a date night with DH every week, a family day every week and a bonding one-on-one day with the girls every week.

Better: to increase the good qualities of; make better; improve :love:

odd_duck71

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
the funny farm
:jumpinghearts:
My word for the year is beautiful.

Last year I gave up on making resolutions and chose a focus for the year instead. 2007 was my year of "More Like Me, Less Like You" -- borrowed from "Numb" by Linkin Park. This year, I'm focusing on making my life beautiful.

Off to add that to my siggy....