Word for 2010?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
My word is also health... I am obese and will be running a half marathon in Oct 2010 so this gives me a deadline!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
At the moment the word I'm considering is "connect/connections". I want to be connected in a good way to more people, old & new friends. In the process of working on some new connections.

sallyj08

MHH Member
Feb 5, 2008
I have two new words for 2010 — "Focus" and "Joy". I need to focus on my future with a goal of financial security. I also need to find joy in my daily life. Too often I focus on the bad.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My word is also health... I am obese and will be running a half marathon in Oct 2010 so this gives me a deadline!

Good for you, Ramona!! You can do it!!!

Belles

Retire Member
My word for the new year: COURAGE

The "courage" to dream again
The "courage" to let go and let God have complete control
The "courage" to face and overcome my fears
The "courage" to step out of my comfort zone
The "courage" to trust again and allow people in to my life
The "courage" to be myself and not worrying about what others think
The "courage" to let my past hurts go and to begin to live again...
Posting these needs took courage today, but I did it! The people in my life would be shocked to read this, they think I have it all together, but the one thing I am really good at is letting people see only what I want them to. I may look brave on the outside, but the heart has a story that has never been told. This is the year I will have the courage to overcome the hurts!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO

Posting these needs took courage today, but I did it! The people in my life would be shocked to read this, they think I have it all together, but the one thing I am really good at is letting people see only what I want them to. I may look brave on the outside, but the heart has a story that has never been told. This is the year I will have the courage to overcome the hurts!

Bravo to you Belles. This is something I can definately relate to.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I think I already mentioned that my word is SERENDIPITY....

My slogan....finding that unexpected outcomes are just what I need...or something like that...I want to realize that sometimes not having things turn out the way we imagined can actually be a blessing...finding hidden treasures in things that just sort of "happen"...I'll elaborate more as the year goes by....

sallyj08

MHH Member
Feb 5, 2008

Belles, I absolutely love this. It really resonates with me. Thank you for having the courage to post this list.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I"m thinking I'm going with "focus" as well. I am considering making a banner for my bathroom mirror to remind me daily to "focus".

I need to "focus" on several areas:
1. my health. I am overweight, arthritic and suffer from a cronic condition that is aggrevated by stress. I need to fix all of that, or at least attempt to begin.
2. Our finances. I can control some of it and that's where my "focus" needs to be. This includes getting a good routine/schedule with my big girl job and rebuilding my personal business-my fun job of selling jewelry!
3. Our home. I have several projects in mind and will be telling you all about them in upcoming threads and blog posts.
4. Last but certainly far from least, I need to "focus" on my family. My little boys are growing up fast and I want to wring out every second of it and enjoy it! My big boy turned 17 in December...one more year at home and then he's off to college. I need to "focus" on getting him ready for that and enjoying his company while we have it!

Yes, "focus" seems like a good fit for me in 2010!

Berta

MHH Member
Dec 30, 2007
Wow...so many good words and connections already posted...I'm thinking about how to find a better balance in life, so I think that's my choice:

balance...in leadership vs micro-managing my dept at work
balance...in work responsibilities vs home responsbilities
balance...in healthy habits...including exercising vs indulging & being a couch potato
balance...in controlling what I can vs giving over what I can't control to God
balance...in focusing on self vs others
balance...in family vs outside influences
balance...in family fiances vs discretionary spending

BALANCE!!!!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Berta,

Balance is my word too!! It is a great word!!

All the best to you and finding balance in 2010!!!

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
I told my husband about this and to my surprise he chose his own word... his is "home" since he has made a career change in an effort to be home more often!

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
Word for 2010

Belles your post really touched me, Good for you.

I think my word will be Health

i need to exercise regularly and feed my body healthily.

I need to manage stress this year this really affected my Health last year.

Pamelajane.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

I can relate totally ... thanks for posting it!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I told my husband about this and to my surprise he chose his own word... his is "home" since he has made a career change in an effort to be home more often!

That is awesome ... I wish my hubby could do something from home. He was cut back to three days a week at work. He likes his company ... but sometimes feels a little unappreciated. That's hard for a guy, you know.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I haven't done the "Word" thing in the past ... but I think I will for 2010.

I'm picking SIMPLIFY. My DD will be 18 in April, and my DS is 6. I have a lot of little projects and responsiblities that could be whittled down. From that some joy and peace could be found, I think!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
My word for 2010 is GOALS

I set attainable goals for my self and I am determined to achieve them

Have both credit cards paid off by the end of 2011

Increase our $$$ in the savings account.

Up my coupon usage to restock the pantry and reduce the grocery/house hold items budget. To take the savings and apply it to the credit card bills or put in the savings account.

Scheduling in more activities to do with the kids on the calendar for the whole year and stick to it. We gave up planned activities to attend other family functions (there were several during the month of December) Well now if we are available we will attend, if we have something scheduled that the kids would rather do then we will send our regrets. (this is a goal that DH and I set and is a biggie for us as)

I have a couple craft projects that I want to do with the kids over the summer - making christmas ornaments to givie as gifts.

I want to try to make dinners (like casseroles etc) ahead of time and freeze them for hetic nights to avoid ordering takeout (big budget killer) I already started a list of some I want to try.

To have all the Christmas gifts bought by Dec 1st.

Last edited:

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
That is awesome ... I wish my hubby could do something from home. He was cut back to three days a week at work. He likes his company ... but sometimes feels a little unappreciated. That's hard for a guy, you know.
Yeah, he isn't going to be working from home. He currently works four jobs for a total of 7 days a week 10-12 hours a day. He is going back to truck driving so that he can make the same income. He will be paring down to 6 days a week lol!

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yeah, he isn't going to be working from home. He currently works four jobs for a total of 7 days a week 10-12 hours a day. He is going back to truck driving so that he can make the same income. He will be paring down to 6 days a week lol!

Ah! Well, 6 days does sound better than 7 .... wow, 4 jobs - that is something!