Word for 2010?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
When we had our family New Year Meeting my 12 yo daughter announced that one of her resolutions would be to stop saying "frickin" and "geez" (bad habits that she picked up from me). It got me thinking, though... I have my word for 2010 but what about another word... one that I am going to eliminate in 2010.

I have two words/phrases that I am going to eliminate not just from my vocabulary this year, but from my attitude! They are pretty much the same and I say them to often. They are "whatever" and "I don't care". I usually say them when my children are asking me questions and I am not really listening. this is the attitude that I want to eliminate!

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Somehow I managed to miss this thread until a few days ago. I love the idea of the "word" for this year...I participated last year and because I was not faithful with it, I would like to reuse it. Hopefully I will do a better job this year...

My word for the year will be...ACCEPTANCE

ACCEPTANCE...the act of believing

Accepting that God has a plan for our lives.
Accepting that our lives are changing whether we want them to or not.
Accepting that we are all different with very different likes and dislikes and that does not make one more right than the other.
Accepting that we are becoming our parents and they are becoming our children.
Accepting that our children can and will make mistakes and we will be there to love them through it.
Accepting that listening is louder than any words we might say.
Accepting the blessings of this board.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
When we had our family New Year Meeting my 12 yo daughter announced that one of her resolutions would be to stop saying "frickin" and "geez" (bad habits that she picked up from me). It got me thinking, though... I have my word for 2010 but what about another word... one that I am going to eliminate in 2010.

I have two words/phrases that I am going to eliminate not just from my vocabulary this year, but from my attitude! They are pretty much the same and I say them to often. They are "whatever" and "I don't care". I usually say them when my children are asking me questions and I am not really listening. this is the attitude that I want to eliminate!

Ramona,

Are you sure that you aren't living at my house? I say "frickin" and "whatever" ALL the time!! I am going to eliminate these words from my vocabulary too!!!

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Last year I was going to participate and then never really did. I think I have come up with my word for 2010. My word is going to be "Intentional"

I want to live with a purpose. I want to be intentional in making sure i am speaking all 5 love languages to my husband and both my daughters.

I want to be intentional about spreading the love of GOd.

THat is just the beginning. I want to living intentionally.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm going with RESOLVE! Straight from Benjermin Franklin.

"Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve."

If you are to succeed in life, you must develop the virtue of resolution. Resolution is the firm determination to accomplish what you set out to do. Ben included resolution as his fourth virtue, because attaining it would ensure he would work through the other nine.

I’ve seen countless people set out with the best intentions, only to fail because their resolution was weak. But I’ve also seen many others succeed despite the odds because their resolve to achieve consumed them.

I have a major change ahead of me with my career and being strong enough and courageious enough is what I Resolve to be! I have things I'd like to accomplish in my home that I've put off for 5 years. I Resolve to finish at least 2 of the big projects! Spiritually I've got a big goal ahead of me as well. Been coming up with way to many excuses, so I resolve to get to the temple this year! If I can pull these 3 things off this year, it will make a HUGE difference in my life. I mean, live changing!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
My word for 2010 is going to be BALANCE. I'm such an "all or nothing" type of person & I really need to amend that. Plus, I never "put myself on the list" and that really needs to change...

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
I am late to post my word, but it is: Faith.

Today, I found a keychain with the word faith on it and bought it so I will have a constant reminder of this.

Faith that the Lord will guide the judge to make the right decision for the girls.
Faith to accept that decision--whatever it is.
To let my faith guide me each and every day.
Faith that I will finally hold with this routine of exercise and workout and diet and get some of the weight off.
Faith that my health will continue to hold up.
Faith that I will find a full time teaching job that I so desperately want and need.
Faith that my decision to keep pursuing a teaching job and returning to active work from disability retirement is the right decision.
Faith that this time next year, DH and I will be planning for another anniversary. (we've had several friends divorce or separate after long marriages in recent years.)
Faith that health will continue to be good for my family.
Faith that God will provide whatever we need.

And the list goes on...

beachblonde

Retire Member
Dec 14, 2009
My word is

Believe

I am using this word to remind me to believe in myself-something that I haven't done for a long time; believe that God is there for me in my darkest hours; and believe that one day, in the distant future, I will find love.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
wow those are all some amazing words. hopefully your journey w/ your word will encourage us as well.

Today I was thinking about this time of year. Everything starts happening so fast. It seems like before we have 3 months of summer w/ not much going on then once school starts every month there is something big. I do some, little, halloween decorations turn them right around to Thanksgiving and all the time looking towards Christmas. i miss out on some of the other holidays. I think my word (unless it changes b/n now and the end of the year) is savor

Savor each day special or mundain as it comes to me
savor my children they are getting older every day
savor my time w/ husband instead of spending it in the same room seperatly
savor the blessings and lessons God has for me
savor my friendships b/c there is no guarantee they will be there for me tomorrow
savor what I eat enjoying what it is insted of over eating or eating out of habbit/mood