Word for 2010?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I'm am really struggling with my word this year. I don't know what I want for my word. I'm circling around a few ideas, but nothing that presents a single word to me that I am drawn to. Happiness seems a little too open and simplistic and it's not that I'm unhappy now, but I think my mindset could be better. Optimism isn't quite right either. Home has a bit of appeal to me, but seems too limited. Yeah, just unsure at this point.

Please keep sharing your words and, if you are comfortable, your reasons for picking that word as your focus. :)

My word is also health... I am obese and will be running a half marathon in Oct 2010 so this gives me a deadline!

I want to run my first half in September 2010. The online training program I think I'm going to try has me starting official training the week after my birthday in June. I've done 5Ks and 10Ks but never a half! Cheers and good luck to you. I hope we can talk running on here in the summer!

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
I want to run my first half in September 2010. The online training program I think I'm going to try has me starting official training the week after my birthday in June. I've done 5Ks and 10Ks but never a half! Cheers and good luck to you. I hope we can talk running on here in the summer!

I am in Canada, too! The marathon I will be doing is in Victoria but I live in Alberta.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I've read through everyone's words so far and they are all great! I'm having alot of trouble finding that one special word for me this time. I remember last year I pondered and pondered and finally came up with a phrase, but so far I can't settle on anything this year. I have several that i've written down and tried to explain to myself, but I don't know.

I need to focus on my health alot in 2010. I'm now on medication for high cholesterol and i'm prediabetic because of the cholesterol. I'm supposed to be following a low carb diet but need some help, which I have an appt for. I'm not overweight but my body doesn't like me right now I guess. haha

I also want to focus on finances and my children and my husband.

There's alot my word needs to encompass.

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I think my word for this year is Balance, learning to balance family, farm life and my personal goals throughout the year will be a challange for me. Most people think I have it all together, and mostly I do, BUT, I am an all focused person, so when it is family time in the winter that is my focus, farm time in the summer that is my focus, etc. I want to be able to balance everything throughout the year, to enjoy my kids and have fun during the crazy farm summer. To be able to have lunch with a friend and not feel guilty I should be home working on house projects! To be able to come to MHH in the summer and enjoy it! This will definately take some work to get my brain to work this way.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Farmermom - I love the thought you've put into your 2010 word. Balance is such an important thing in all of our lives!

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
Thanks Kim, I always try to improve my life in some way every year, some years are definately better than others. I think that is how you become a better person to the people that you love! Good luck with your word this year.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Writing out my thoughts here last night must have really helped clarify something for me because I woke up this morning knowing exactly what word I wanted for 2010: energy.

In 2010, I'm planning to run my first half marathon as well as some other races, like repeating the 10K I did this past October. That's a big commitment; the half (13.1 miles) is a 12 week training program. I also want to get more regular with my yoga; I am taking a class that will resume the third week of January until May, but once a week isn't enough for me. My eating habits have gotten a little lax the last few months and I need to get on track with those.

In my home, I've got some projects I want to complete. I need to paint the main room of my basement which has been partially re-drywalled after insulating it. I want to paint my bedroom. I want to declutter and reorganize some spaces better for my children who are 5.5y and 2.5y.

All of this requires energy and all of this will recharge my mental batteries. What we do, affects our energy both on a physical and mental level. I'm really comfortable with this word as my "talisman" for 2010. :)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I think (as of right now unless I change my mind later) my word will be "Learn".

"Learning will unleash all the wisdom and patience I need to overcome my obstacles."

I need to learn to be patient, trusting, not to sweat the small things, about myself, how to be healthy.....etc.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
Wow, great choices! I didn't do this last year and wished all year that I had joined in on the fun. We have had such a big year of change in our lives, so I am giving this some thought.

At the moment, I am leaning toward---balance.

We have two new additions to our house and things have really changed. God and the judge willing on Jan. 21, we will have one of the girls on a permanent basis and the younger one will be going to live with her Dad. I see that balance is really needed to keep things evened out and on track around here. I will think about this for a little longer.

Thanks for sharing all the wonderful words and reasons!

Jewels

Retire Member
Dec 26, 2009
I just found Magical Forums a week ago and decided to join a couple days ago. This place is truly "magical". I LOVE Celebrate Me. Being the mom of a special needs child I ALWAYS put myself LAST. I have allowed myself to gain weight, not care how I look, i.e. doing my makeup, keeping my hair up (color and cut), buying clothes. In addition, our house has become cluttered and I am always playing "catch up" when it comes to cleaning.

I am going to make a serious attempt to CELEBRATE ME. Taking time out, one day a month for myself is a true GIFT. I love the ideas you all have shared as to what you will do on "your day". I am going to make myself a list as well . . . this is so inspiring.

My word for 2010 is "simplicity". I have so much going on in my head that I always seem to forget something. I want to work on uncluttering my mind and home this year. I am hoping if I can unclutter some of the things going on in my head things at home will follow! (or vice versa)

I am so excited about joining in on The Rudolph Days, Cleaning Year Round and now Celebrate Me. From the posts I've read, you all seem like such a warm supportive group of individuals. I look forward to being a part of these groups.

Here's to CELEBRATING ME in 2010! Warmly ~ Julie

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Welcome Julie. This is a great community full of support & inspiration. Look forward to getting to know you.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hi Julie!

I too am simplifying!!

Berta

MHH Member
Dec 30, 2007
Love following this thread and am finding inspiration from all...welcome to Jewels! May we all be successful in our endeavours!

Belles

Retire Member
I think (as of right now unless I change my mind later) my word will be "Learn".

"Learning will unleash all the wisdom and patience I need to overcome my obstacles."

I need to learn to be patient, trusting, not to sweat the small things, about myself, how to be healthy.....etc.

What a great word...LEARN...That has really caused me to think.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Welcome to Jewels and any other newbies...I lvoe Celebrate Me and our words because as women we often forget to take care of and nurture ourselves....and it is IMPORTANT...

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I started this thread about using a word for your year several years ago. I was introduced to the concept on a homeschool board and am glad that so many others on this board have taken to the concept!

For my word for 2010 I have chosen - TONE

On dictionary.com there was 30 some variations of definition for TONE.

I like it because it can apply to many things.

Health-wise I need to TONE up!
With my kids- (ages 2 & 4) I need to watch my TONE of voice and action.
With the pace of life sometimes I need to TONE things down.
TONE can also meaning in the world of color- I want to add some color to my world- in my yard, my wardrobe and my new home.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What great words and goals we have chosen for ourselves. Even though my word is Prepare, I will also take in to account alot of other peoples words such as Health, Balance, Simplify and Tone. Great inspiration everyone.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I had been thinking about a word for 2010 this week. How neat to see that some of you are also going to be doing this!

Like Belles, my word is Courage. Many things of been brought to my attention these last few months which will take Courage for me to face.