Wrapping Parties- 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hmmm....Snowey will be within an hour of me (give or take I think) and my wrapper Jaymee is gone this year....... Allen use to always wrap and then Jaymee use to love to do it. I also do not have alot purchased yet to wrap.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Don't think I'll be doing much wrapping either ... haven't got much bought + it is our Thanksgiving weekend and I will be having visitors.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I am going to try and join in the wrapping efforts for the Oct 8th wrapping party! I've got to pull down some wrapping paper from the attic, but I've cleared space in the gift closet to stack wrapped gifts.

My plan is to wrap and discretely label (with a sharpie on the bottom of the package, for example) each package and then stack them in the closet.

Closer to Christmas I will pull out the wrapped packages and have fun decorating with ribbon, tie-ons, tags, etc.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Hooray! I have lots of stocking stuffers to wrap. Most people are done (except for perishables!) but I still have a few things to pick up for my inlaws. It will be a big relief to have them all wrapped in advance!

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
Yikees! I'm behind in my shopping this year. I do have a few items to wrap for my DS's. But I think I'll be shopping that weekend too! It would be really great if I came right home and wrapped them right away!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
So...... our NEXT Wrapping Party..... is on Saturday, October 8th! Hhhhmmmmm..... Most of my wrapping supplies are in the attic..... along with MOST of the Halloween decorations.... It is DEFINITELY time to arrange an excursion INTO the attic!!!!!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I'm wrapping on October 8 and I'm so excited about it!!! This really helped me last year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am ready to go. I love wrapping parties. In 2009 I thought I would have to throw the gifts under the tree unwrapped as I was so far behind. Last year the wrapping parties really helped. I have already wrapped both of the kids gifts so I am thrilled

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Called SIL yesterday and told her to start bringing me boxes so I can start wrapping when I'm ready.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Ugh! Just realized that our plans to have folks come over and help assemble swingset for DS will conflict with my wrapping party plans this weekend! :(

We will be deep frying a turkey and providing other food to say thank you to the guys that help and their families...

The swingset is massive - BIL gave it to us - we just had to haul it up here from Indy. DS is going to love it!

I'll try to spend some time on Sunday wrapping presents instead!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Kim - will you be using the snowman paper that "found" you? ;)

Good memory, Colleen!!!! I have it set aside - I think I'm going to use it for stocking stuffers. It makes me smile everytime I see it!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Good memory, Colleen!!!! I have it set aside - I think I'm going to use it for stocking stuffers. It makes me smile everytime I see it!

haha! It was such a good story - especially since DH stopped thinking that you were meant to have it!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
2nd Wrapping party of the year- this Saturday! Woo-Hoo!

:tree2:

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I won't be wrapping on Saturday (unless I get a rush of blood to the head), but I have started early this year and gotten about 4 wrapped already. And a couple of birthday gifts due this weekend too.

I may get a chance to catch up on afew more on Sunday if I am lucky though, so finger's crossed for that!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I will have to wait until Sunday as well...we're taking the boys to Sesame Place tomorrow!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am REALLY looking forward to our Wrapping Party... tomorrow.. and BONUS day on Sunday! I LOVE Chrismas wrapping paper! AND.... I am going to address some Christmas cards... too!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hey.... where is everybody????? This is our Wrapping Party, folks!

Well... I have a lot of fun things to do.

(1) Begin putting things onto this years' Christmas Calendar!!!

(2) Write and address some Christmas crds.

(3) Begin wrapping gifts. (Next time I go to the store, pick up some empty cardboard boxes to hold the gifts!)

I believe that I will make some decaf chocolate mocha, with whipped cream, and turn the TV to a movie or other nice program.