Your Word for 2012

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Time to start thinking about the word you want to live in 2012....it's hard to pick a good WORD....and the end of 2011 will be here before you know it!

:snowman2:

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have been thinking about my word for a little while now and think that I have almost decided on one. It is a hard thing to do, and does take some thought.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
It has been on my mind too.

Annie

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Honestly, I hadn't even thought about it yet. I haven't been so great in trying to accomplish my words so this coming year I want to pick something I can and will definitely work on.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I have thought about it, but then again I believe I choose "keep it simple" for 2011..No futher comment lol

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
When I chose my word for 2011, it was easy. This time, I'm having more trouble deciding. I made a list a couple of months ago. I have a few on a list, but the first one is the one I think I will choose. Yep, I think I will go with my instinct on this one.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Hmmmm... yes. Must think...

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have been thinking about this for a while now.

My word for this year was CALM and it wasn't calm in my life at all.

I really need to think about what word I want to use for next year.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hmmmmmm ...

Gosh, I don't know ... I'll have to sit and think upon that!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Jessica - With your pending move how about pack or unpack? I'm just saying that is something you will certainly accomplish! ;0)

I have one in mind but I'll think some more on it.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
No idea yet...have a few in mind, but haven't decided.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Driving this evening, my word for 2012 popped into my head:

HOME

And that means many things for me:

* I want quiet time in the mornings to connect with God and my life. To set the tone right for the day. To center myself at home before going out into the world.

* I want my home deep cleaned, completly organized. I have those hot spots, ya know? And I want it kept that way- for me! Not because its the holidays or because I'm having guests. I deserve fresh flowers on the night stand too!

* I always long for quiet activities at home: nights reading, cooking, crafting, listening to beautiful music. I get too few of these.

* I want to get into a new home. I've lived in this condo quite awhile and it's older and it's simply time for me to move on from this place.

I also thought of this phrase: Time and space = grace and peace.

Annie

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Annie - What a wonderful word and phrase. You so clearly defined it and it sounds perfect!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I've thought about this for a long time. My word for 2012 is actually a saying I have been seeing and hearing a lot these past few months, "When you know better, you do better."

2012 will be a year of doing better in a lot of aspects of my life from what I have learned in 2011.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
DH said my word should be Acceptance. His reasoning was because of all the changes that are going to come about in 2012, mostly our moving to a new area that we've never even visited before, I will have to learn to accept alot of things and new things at that.

I haven't fully decided if I like that word, but I do see his point and will ponder on it some more.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Annie~great word and phrase!

Aggy~very true phrase!

Jess~I was just reading about acceptance and had a quote that goes with it
“Acceptance is not submission; it is acknowledgement of the facts of a situation. Then deciding what you're going to do about it.”

I think I have my word, but have to put some time into sharing my thoughts on it.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Loving the responses so far!

I think my word for 2012 will be "Spirit". Lately I have been feeling the need to get more in touch with my inner self. Before I had children (four years ago!) I would plan to spend time alone and meditate, read, listen to my favourite music and simply just be. I remember being in the house by myself, sitting on the kitchen floor (of all places) singing along really loudly to my favourite songs!

Obviously, with two small children, that sort of time is not going to happen - although, my kids can always sing on the kitchen floor with me LOL! I would like to slowly learn to take more time for myself because with life being so busy, it's easy to go through a month of other peoples activities and forget about what I want to do. Perhaps a short course or two, in something I am interested in? Or just getting some books and making the time to learn at home?

I hope this makes sense! In 2011 "Balance" helped me to divide my time between my work and personal life. In 2012, "Spirit" will help me focus on learning and growing as a person :)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I really like that quote Lisa, thanks for sharing!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Looks like our thoughts are beginning to move to the new year- a new phase in our lives.

What will 2012 bring?

aggy- I like that saying! Very powerful!

MrsSoup- You definetly are going to have an interesting year. I look forward to hearing all about it. Looking forward to seeing what you choose for your word. I LOVE Lisa's quote but as for a word to live by for a whole year- I could see why you want to ponder on the word, "Acceptance."

Saquilla- I think "Spirit" sounds perfect for you! And it is important to carve out some time just for you- even if it is sitting on the kitchen singing your lungs out!

Lisa- I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts surrounding your word.

I think my word- HOME- has already been in practice for me the last couple of weeks. My schedule has been scaled down- even said No! to several social invitations (obligations) and I am LOVING the feeling of Home SWEET Home!!

I pray and hope that 2012 is a year of growth, happiness and PEACE for all of us!

Annie