Your Word for 2012

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I am liking this thread because it is making me think about what I want to do differently. My "reform" didn't go so well this year. I'm pondering that word acceptance for 2012, but I will have to continue thinking about things. I want something that will have meaning and make me feel accomplishment rather than defeat.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Annie,

I am also choosing HOME as my word for 2012.

Now that I am working full time, I miss my home. Not only the time I spend in it, but all the things that are in my home.

I want my home to be my sanctuary. I want to spend more time in it on my days off as well.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Mel-
I'm SO looking forward to exploring HOME for 2012!

I've had a taste already the last couple of weeks- have said NO to a lot of things- and I'm REALLY enjoying it!!!!!

Annie

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I read this these before I went to sleep the other night and kept waking up w/ words. Last few days have given me some of the same- most all are similar- so trying to decide on which is best

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
My word will be treasure.....it can be a noun or a verb...as in things that are gems and treasures...this will help me in my decluttering because I am looking to only keep things I love..."treasures" of great importance....it can also be a verb...as to appreciate or value...to care for or cherish....

:smilegift:

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Acceptance is looking more and more like it will be my word but i'm still not 100% sure yet. I haven't really been looking but nothing has popped into my head either. I have a hard time trying to think of a word to fit.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My word for 2012 was going to be HOME, but considering what is going on in my life right now, I have changed my mind and decided my word is going to be ACCEPTANCE.

2012 is going to bring many things into my life - some good, some bad. I have decided that the best thing I can do is to accept them in whatever form they choose to present themselves.

I am tired of always fighting off and trying to change the bad and not realizing and appreciating the good.

I believe that everything happens for a reason and I need to keep reminding myself of that.

It is going to be an interesting year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My word of the year will be ROUTINE! This means to get into a routine around the home, routinely keep an eye on the diet and how I feed my family, to get into a healthy bedtime and wakeup routine. I means to keep on top of the routine maintenance around the home/work/car. Along with the decluttering that I will continue to do, and routines that we will work on, the house should be calm and cosy and a lovely place to be.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
After thinking about this for several weeks now, I am choosing "rediscover."

Have you ever felt like you have lost yourself - the real person you are and you can't seem to get back to that person, the person you know deep inside you are? In the last 6-9 months or so, I have been dealing with the fact that I don't like many things about the way I am. I used to be very organized, capable of juggling many things, fit (and, yes trim), caring, and optimistic. I have become out of shape, disorganized, crabby (only at times, but more often than I want to be), and discouraged. This is not at all who I want to be or who I was. Because of all that, I want to rediscover who I used to be - the person I liked, the person I need to be to be happy with who I am and where I am.

I'm not sure how this journey will go, but I started working on it a couple of weeks ago and am happy with the way things are going and how I am feeling. I am the only person that can make me be what I want to be with a whole lot of prayer and talking to God about all of this.

Good luck, everyone. I hope your word brings what you are looking for and needing. I hope at the end of 2012, we can look back and see that we have reached some of the goals we have set for ourselves because of the word we have chosen.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
MissJane I completely understand what you are saying. I think as women it's so easy to get lost in our other labels (DDs mom, DHs wife, job title) we often loose us.

So many good words listed here. Acceptance is so close to mine but not sure its exactly the word I am looking for. Its been a year of changes and I know ways that need work.

Oh... I think I know....Openness. I need to be open to change, open to new friendships, open to bumps in the road b/c they make me better...

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have never joined the word of the year before but will this year! I am going to choose accomplish. The word has alot of meanings for me. So many things that we talk and talk about and don't do. I need to accomplish some personal things with myself (things I would like to learn and things that need to be done.) The guys even talk of decrapifiying the shop. We need to act besides thinking. With Allen his hands hurt all the time so hoping his surgeries the 6th and 20th fix that. It is up to his shoulders in both arms so will see if just the hand thing does it.

Anyway, I hope in 2012 I can accomplish several things.

Last edited:

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I am thinking about organization. That is not really the word I want but the meaning I want. Just can't think of a word that will fit. I really desire to be much more organized this year and less procrastinating. That only adds unnecessary stress.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I am thinking about organization. That is not really the word I want but the meaning I want. Just can't think of a word that will fit. I really desire to be much more organized this year and less procrastinating. That only adds unnecessary stress.

Try looking up organize in a thesaurus and see if you find a word you like

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Thanks piratemamaof3boys! I looked up the word organize in the thesaurus and found the word for me!! My word for 2012 will be Harmonize. I really like this word. Not only will I organize but it will also add harmony to my life.

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I love the activity this thread is getting!

Annie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Finish or Complete

Or maybe Completely Finished. I want my unfinished projects from previous years done or gone from my house. So that will be my focus this year so my word will reflect this goal.

And this applies to unfinished emotions about things going on in my life. Those are 'projects' that drain time from my life.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
So many good words and I love how everyone is really taking the time to assess their life and how to improve it in the New Year. It helps me keep motivated to do the same.

I've been thinking on this for awhile and the word that keeps coming to me is Change. I feel many areas of my life need a change and I also feel that God is calling me to make changes in the near future.

Human nature being what it is, change can be difficult and scary but I want to try and embrace it. I feel like many times we miss out on wonderful things because we are afraid to move out of our rut.

We'll see how this goes. I hope all my good friends on here will help me stay on track.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Still trying to decide on a word. Acceptance is a good one for me since we have so many changes coming up this year. I also saw the word Family in a store yesterday and started thinking about that. So, still thinking here.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
After thinking about this for several weeks now, I am choosing "rediscover."

Have you ever felt like you have lost yourself - the real person you are and you can't seem to get back to that person, the person you know deep inside you are?

I've been there too, missjane. I found that keeping a journal was so helpful for me. Sometimes I didn't think I was accomplishing much but when I looked back at the entries, I realized that growth was happening.

I'm still trying to figure out what my word is going to be for 2012.

Mary