Your Word for 2012

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I think each one of us need our word to be ME! Excellent point.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I think my Word for 2012 will be:

Tranquil- free from agitation of mind or spirit; free from disturbance or turmoil

With all the changes coming in 2012, I need to learn how to let things go and roll off of me. I constantly find myself in a state of stress or agitation due to circumstances I can't control. I want to work on being more tranquil instead of freaking out over things that aren't worth it and overreacting when there are solutions present.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Pam~that is a great word choice! I need to work on that area of myself too.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
caitsmum, I love your word of ME for 2012. Bet it will be just what the doctor ordered - so no talking yourself out of it!

My word is Change and one change that you mentioned is something I'm resolving to do for myself - get my hair done. I did indulge myself right before Christmas and I feel like a totally new person. I don't care if I have to pick change off the street - I'm keeping up with it!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
My word is LAUGH. I need more laughter in my life. It disappeared for too long, and it's time to bring it back. I've always loved to laugh, but I let life get in the way. So my word is LAUGH.

AEMC

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2011
Texas
Never ever thought about this one....

This is certainly a new "something" for me to consider....will have to think and pray on this one and get back to you. :)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
So far I am LOVING everyones words!!!!

And yes, I think ME should always be our word- like the foundation word from which our words stem from.

caitsmum- No, I don't think it's selfish if that is your word. I have learned that the people that belong to the wonderful world of MHH are the types to put ME at the end of the line.

Annie

AEMC

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2011
Texas
My Word for 2012....

I've been thinking it over....and my word for this year is "INTENTIONAL." I want to be intentional in everything I do. I believe the Lord has much to teach me about this--and I think this is the word I need to focus on and study--dissect, if you will.

I've been reading a book by Priscilla Shirer called "The Resolution for Women," and she even mentions this idea of living with intention--or resolution. Wow, it was like bells starting ringing when I was reading this. Anyway....hope all who read this have a good weekend.

Happy New Year 2012~~~

Sincerely,
Angie:snowman2:

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Angie, love your word! That's one thing we should all focus on - living with intention! No doubt in will really enrich your life in the New Year.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
I have decided on "diligence" meaning "perseverance in carrying out action"...I am a good planner, but a bit of a procrastinator...so I want to preserve in doing the things I plan to do in 2012.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
caitsmum I chose "ME" two years ago. I had been taking care of my father and focusing so much on others I really wanted to focus on things that make me happy. I think it's an excellent choice. As women we do so much for others, it's easy to put our needs and wants aside.

I'm still struggling thinking of a word. But I'll get there...I do think about it daily!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Horsemama, I'm right there with you. What your saying in your post is exactly what I'm dealing with, but on a different career level obviously. I've talked about starting my decluttering business and I'm just so "afraid" of taking the first step to leave my business and move on. I don't do well with change...

And Candysprinkles, I absolutely love your word. It made me smile...

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I am enjoying reading everyones words. I look forward to hearing updates this year

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I feel very connected to my word: HOME right now.

After the crazy year of 2011, spending time at home feels so good- restful, peaceful, healing.

The best part was I got it really deep cleaned for Christmas. And it has stayed that way!

Today I have re-done all the usual chores- sweeping, mopping, dusting, picked up my bedroom.

I'm really enjoying that my sister, who is visiting for a month, is comfortable and relaxed here.

What I need to keep my eye on- my commitments. That's my issue, I tend to get so busy that my home becomes a flop house- a place to toss the mail, sleep, shower. I no longer want to live that way.

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good on you Annie, I know that you are an extremely busy girl, so I am glad that you will be spending more time at home.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Thanks, Katrina!

Strange- after this post, I picked up the latest issue of Good Housekeeping and an article gave me the answer I needed.

It said when people press you to do something (volunteer)- and as a people pleaser you always say yes and then regret it- respond by saying:

"My heart says yes, but my calendar says no."

I LOVE that!

I even thought of expanding it. I often get last minute requests to do social things (one friend in particular is really bad about this):

"My heart says yes, but my house says it needs to be cleaned."

Or: "My heart says yes, but my 18 year old cat said she would like me to spend some time with her this evening."

It's wierd how you find the thing you need, right when you're looking for it.

Annie

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Annie--I love that too!! Such a great way to say no, because it is so true--many times I want to do what I am being asked to do, but my schedule just doesn't allow it...TFS!!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
My word for 2012 is COMFORT. I decided on this word because I want to work to make our home a place of comfort, to surround myself with things that bring comfort to me and to bring comfort to my family and friends and those outside my circle. Comfort suits me well this year and I'm happy with it.