Budget Grocery Shopping and Meal Planning

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Interesting article about the "Supershopper". Not quite what you might think. Also tells about the first supermarket on LI.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Jane-
I wondered if delayed shipment means items that are put out at the stores are near or at their expiration date.
Canned goods don't really worry me- unless they are very expired.
What worries me more is meat.
And my half and half. LOL!
Curdled half and half- Bleh!

Annie
We recently had two instances where the half and half was bad before the expired date. As Jane said, it was definitely mishandling somewhere along the way.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I’m a date watcher here too. It’s seems more and more things are shorted dated. I’m thinking it just sets someplace due to transportation issues.
I came in under budget for my monthly shopping mostly because I couldn’t find things or they were too expensive for my budget. Shopping once a month keeps me from spending money that I don’t need too. We use up everything we have. If we run out of eggs or 1/2 n1/2 we make do until the next shopping day.
My June pantry/freezer challenge was a success. I used so much stuff that was just hanging around here. Even my husband was getting into it. There’s a few things left but I will continue to work my way through things. Will make baklava to use up filo sheets after my husbands doctor appointment.

Reactions: jampss