Gift Closet 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I like this - it takes some of the pressure off, and also it's like a brainstorm for them. They get to see their ideas, and may have second thoughts and cross some stuff off/add something different.
My daughter designed our Christmas wish list every year. I have kept my kids lists (about 10 years worth) and have stored them in my Christmas memories book. My kids like looking at what they wanted a particular year as it shows what their interests where at that age, what their handwriting looked like etc.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got a few things when shopping yesterday. Got 2 Revlon lip oils for DD. They were 1/2 price so got 2 different colours. I will make a lip scrub a bit closer to Christmas and make a little lip pack as a gift. Got DD and DS some ibuprofen with a very long use by date for in their stockings.
Got Mum a candle and reed diffuser that she said she liked. I will give it to my brother and he can give it to Mum for her birthday or Christmas.

Slowly the stockings are filling, still have a ways to go but doing well so far.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well done Minta. It is a great feeling to be getting things ticked off the list.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked up 2 rollers that remove dog hair from furniture. The hardware shop had a really well know brand lawn sprinkler on clearance for $2.00 so I got one for Mum's house and one for ours.

Reactions: Minta

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I got a tea collection for DS and DDIL at the BB&B sale and a book for DSIL at B&N.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I got a tea collection for DS and DDIL at the BB&B sale and a book for DSIL at B&N.
Is BB&B the chain that is closing down? A good chance to pick up some bargains perhaps.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We will be able to see the total eclipse April 8, 2024 here in northeast Ohio. So, I bought eclipse glasses for everyone as a little tuck in gift. Ohio has a website that list companies that sell the correct glasses for safe viewing. Everyone will have a little Christmas in April next year.
I can not believe that the eclipse is next year!!! That seemed so far away when we were able to see it in 2017. We talked about driving to see it better next time. I'll have to have conversations with the family and see who is interested in doing this. I may use the sunglass gift idea for those interested in going.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Is BB&B the chain that is closing down? A good chance to pick up some bargains perhaps.
Yes! There is talk that Christmas Tree Shops will be closing too. :( My in-person shopping stores are dwindling each year. I use to shop online because I couldn't get the item in the store. Now I'm shopping in the store, because the on-line item is often out of stock or delayed. Interesting how the pendulum swings.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Yes. However since I couldn't get there on the first few days of the sale there wasn't that much left. I also got myself some hair conditioners as I still had a $50 gift card.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I don’t know if I’ve ever been in the Christmas tree shop.
Will try to hit BB&B this week when I’m out and will be close to one. Most of them had closed ages ago in this area. I haven’t done a lot of shopping there since they remodeled and updated their stores anyways. The last couple times I’ve been in one they didn’t have anything I was interested in.
Tuesday Morning is closing too. I always enjoyed shopping there. Most of them had already closed around here though too.
Wonder who will be next to close???

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It is such a shame to see all these stores close. There will come a time when we won't be able to do any instore shopping only online.
I am not sure I like this at all!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
From what I read Christmas Tree shoppe is only looking to close up to 10 under performing stores. They are working on restructuring their finances so they can remain open. I will cry if they ever do go out of business. I may need to start making more shopping trips to there, the closest one is about 25 minutes away and the other is 30 minutes away.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
It is such a shame to see all these stores close. There will come a time when we won't be able to do any instore shopping only online.
I am not sure I like this at all!
I agree. I prefer to shop in store, I only order online when I can't get what I want in the store.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not sure whether this should be in the Christmas Eve box thread or here, but I've bought 3 mini Christmas Lego sets that I'm going to put in the Christmas Eve box.
That is fun....should keep the kiddos occupied for a while.