Gift Closet 2024

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Going to spend some time today cleaning the gift closet and getting it organised for the start of the new year. I will check that the boxes are still OK and sweep down the shelves. I will pop some gift card wallets into the appropriate boxes so when I buy the gift cards later next year they can go straight into the wallets. I will spend a few minutes updating my planner with the few things that I already have in there.

I am going to spend some time over the next few days and look back at the gift closet postings from 4 or 5 years back and see if there was anything mentioned that I can add to this year. A little walk down memory lane.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Going to spend some time today cleaning the gift closet and getting it organised for the start of the new year. I will check that the boxes are still OK and sweep down the shelves. I will pop some gift card wallets into the appropriate boxes so when I buy the gift cards later next year they can go straight into the wallets. I will spend a few minutes updating my planner with the few things that I have already in there.
Great idea. I should do the same in the next couple weeks.

Reactions: halimer

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Have ordered thread mitts that was on sale at MSCO. Will put one back for Jaymee--they say are good for circuit mats, threads and then pet hair.

Really want gifts to be useful and not something to just have. I think I did pretty good with the gifts given to kids this year. Teigan got way to much. I got her several several beads but got an organizer to put all in. She loves making bracelets.

I saw a lady on FB that brought her daughter a gift every month and had then in white bags with the month wrote on it.

When we get into the garage should be totes of Christmas stuff I have purchased that I could give out or use as prizes.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I did my organization yesterday when I was packing up recycled boxes and tissue paper. Gifts are sorted out, some packed in boxes ready to wrap and a couple things set back for 2025. im off to a good start I think.
Ordered 2 movies for my husband today. Decided what I need to set aside cash wise each month so we will be in good shape at the end of next year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Decided what I need to set aside cash wise each month so we will be in good shape at the end of next year.
I need to re assess the budget as well. I think with the price rises on all that we buy, gifts plus food that my budget needs to increase by about 5-10%. I do a fornightly automatic transfer into my Christmas club account. I think I can increase this by $5 a fortnight to cover the extras

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Put more yarn—8 balls of yarn to be turned into mittens and also put fabric for DGD Easter dress in gift totes.
Starting to think I should start calling them crafting supply totes. There is more Christmas crafting supplies than Christmas presents in the tote. But there is also 8 birthday gifts and a Mother’s Day gift in the totes. Only have one more birthday gift to buy which will be a gift card and i will be done with birthday gifts for the year. Just need to make b-day cards to go with 7 of the gifts.

The supplies are there for safe keeping as I need to do some reorganizing of my craft room.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Do you give a gift to your Mail person. I have done food from the kitchen in the past after asking if she would accept it. I am not sure what I want to do this year. What kinds of gifts to you give your mail person, trash pickup person, etc.?
I'm a little late on this, but I did gift him a few packages of my homemade marshmallows. I thought it would be fun and something he'd not receive from anyone else. Other than that, I didn't gift anyone. I have no idea who our trash person is, but I know I get the same mailman every day.

Reactions: luludou and halimer

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I purchased a glass travel cup with a buck on it wearing a fishing vest for my son. He loves to hunt and fish and figured he could throw change in it.

Got the dog a squeaky toy with Santa in the chimney. Was 9.99 down to 3.99. Got her a rope too but she has it already.

Got Teigan a game for one of her daily advent gifts.

Then yesterday at a farm like store got 4 ornaments for $1.00 each and then 2 light up things shaped like an ornament and it sits on it side and has a Christmas tree with Santa sitting in a chair looking at a list with a dog sitting by him. It lights up and glitter swirls around. Was $31.99 and down to 12.80. Only had 2. Would of liked some more.

Plus I have Jaymee an item on the way too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Received 3 tee shirts in the post yesterday. 2 for DS and 1 for DSIL. A well known brand and they were 75% off. Very pleased with the quality.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I don't know if anyone buys power tools, but Home Depot is having a big flash sale. It ends soon, though. I bought a battery collection for DH for Ryobi tools.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Going to spend some time today cleaning the gift closet and getting it organised for the start of the new year.
I don't have a gift closet per say, just a couple bins. So when I get Christmas packed away this week, I'm going to add this to my to do list as well and just evaluate what's in that box still and see if anything needs to be purged or has been hanging around too long and is obviously not going anywhere.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
see if anything needs to be purged or has been hanging around too long and is obviously not going anywhere.
I must do this. I have a box of 'spares' that I have bought over the past year or two. There are some great things in there I just have to decide who to give them too. I might donate them to the church.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have a picnic basket full of potential gifts that have been in there a long time. It is time for it to skedaddle! One last long and then it is g-o-n-e!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got a couple red with silver snowlakes flower pots half off. Thinking of filling for mail lady and trash. Put hand lotion, chap stick, some candy, homemade ornament(s) maybe and gift card------possibilities for them.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Got a couple red with silver snowlakes flower pots half off. Thinking of filling for mail lady and trash. Put hand lotion, chap stick, some candy, homemade ornament(s) maybe and gift card------possibilities for them.
Neat idea, Lana!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia