Gift Closet 2024

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ornaments are done and boxed up for mani/pedi, etc people.
Spent yesterday evening updating movie shopping list for my husband. Explored on line for kitchen items for my son since I have no ideas at this point for him.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Explored on line for kitchen items for my son since I have no ideas at this point for him.
My son really enjoys scents. Reed diffusers and candles are somethings that he likes.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
My son really enjoys scents. Reed diffusers and candles are somethings that he likes.
He likes candles and I’ve been buying the yankee candles at kohls when I can get a good deal. He also likes the hand soaps from bath and body. He says it impresses his dates when the come over, lol. Thankfully I have plenty of time

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
He likes candles and I’ve been buying the yankee candles at kohls when I can get a good deal. He also likes the hand soaps from bath and body. He says it impresses his dates when the come over, lol. Thankfully I have plenty of time
LOL.
My DS is actually quite easy to buy for. He will give me lots of ideas, he will send me photos of things that he likes and where I can buy them from. I actually find him easier than DD to buy for.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Did a little shopping at a big mall about 30minutes from us. Got Mum a pair of pyjamas and a pair of slippers. Might be for Mother's day but might be for Christmas. Also picked up a few of the glass food storage containers that she likes, they were half price. Bought DH a book about how some inventions accidently have come about. All are in the gift closet.
Picked up Valentines card for DH, actually picked up 2, I could not decide.

Last edited:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I placed an order with Current/Colorful Image yesterday at lunch. Got some Christmas stickers that I thought were on sale for $1.09 and she said 59 cents. I also got some some note pads marked down. 5 for 5.99 so about $1.20 each. I normally put a magnetic note pad in almost all my gifts to family members, beauty shop, mail, trash and co-workers.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Groceries yesterday and picked up a few stocking fillers. I am trying to purchase the non perishable items over the next few weeks.
Bought a shoe spray deodorant for DSIL, a two pack of non aerosol car deodorant spray for Mum, apple and vanilla scent, a handwash for DS. I bought DH a twin pack of bird seed blocks. I had never thought of that before. I will buy some bird seed closer to Christmas and make him up a gift bag for the birds.
I also bought DS a few of the grooming lines that he likes. I got a shave cream and brush, a hair pomade and a beard oil all in the same range..Jack the Barber. The range was all half price yesterday. That will be put together as a gift.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I need to re assess the budget as well. I think with the price rises on all that we buy, gifts plus food that my budget needs to increase by about 5-10%. I do a fornightly automatic transfer into my Christmas club account. I think I can increase this by $5 a fortnight to cover the extras
I just logged onto my bank and increased my automatic transfer by $10 a fortnight. $5 a week will make no difference now but it will all add up by the end of the year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked up an after sun aloe vera spray. I have never seen it before. Not sure whose stocking it will go in, DB, DS or DSIL.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Bought a mad momma microwave cleaner to put in Mum's Easter basket.
Checked through boxes at Mum's and made a few notes. Things are looking pretty good so far.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Amelia and Katrina, you guys really rock it all year long. I use to in younger days!

Katrina, just watch the bird seed items so weevils don't get in them. I brought a box of suets one time and held on to them and weevils got into them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina, just watch the bird seed items so weevils don't get in them. I brought a box of suets one time and held on to them and weevils got into them.
Lana, thank you for that information. I am wondering if I should store them in the freezer? I will not buy anymore until well closer to Christmas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Some stocking fillers bought yesterday. 3 large garden stand up garbage bags for DH. I got a vanilla scented fridge deodoriser spray and some ice tea satchets for DSIL. A mini face roller and some gel eye pads for DD. Stockings are doing OK so far.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Did a little shopping yesterday. Got DH some gloves, a beanie, a warm Winter shirt and a hoodie. Not sure if will all be for his March birthday or Christmas.