Holiday Crafting

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I've done a few bits and pieces over the last day and a half . . .

I worked on a label and thank you note for the
Virgin Island "Silent Night" cross stitch and wrote out the thank you note to go with it. Now I need to wrap (Christmas wrap) it up and decide on a card, then package it for mailing.

I've got a start on our
Christmas letter/photos. Can't fit enough photos on 1 page!

When DH brings in the Christmas wrap from the garage, I'll finish wrapping the
Advent Calendars.

I have a
cowl about 1/2 knit for DD#2. I might be able to finish it today or at least by tomorrow. I think I'll leave the ends loose in case she would rather have me make a scarf out of it. I can then frog it and start over. It wouldn't take long.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

The
cowl for DD#2 is DONE! I'm nearly done with a Moebius Scarf for myself. I will probably finish it up this morning then go shopping for yarn for another cowl (for DMIL) and a scarf (for DD#2). I've got to cut myself off sometime soon, though!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
The Advent Calendars are finally wrapped and ready - completely DONE! Just the giving/receiving left to do!

I finished a
Moebius Strip Cowl for myself. I had to buy one more skein of yarn just to bind of the last of the stitches! Thankfully it wasn't expensive yarn and was on sale, but what to do with the rest of the skein? I also bought some Patons Bohemian yarn (wonderfully soft chenille) for a cowl for DMIL and a scarf for DD#2. Oh, yes, also other yarn for another type of cowl for ME. What am I thinking?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
More DONE!

Cowl for DMIL
Christmas newsletter w/photos
Clogs felted

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I planned to start a scarf for DGrandma for Christmas but I hurt my hand at work and I can't hold the knitting needles. I might try to find a nice crocheted pattern instead and see if I can comfortably work a hook. I wish I could crochet left handed! I did get all the cocoa and mug sets put together for the girls at work. They are in the gift bags and ready to go. :package:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Christysue said:
I planned to start a scarf for DGrandma for Christmas but I hurt my hand at work and I can't hold the knitting needles. I might try to find a nice crocheted pattern instead and see if I can comfortably work a hook. I wish I could crochet left handed! I did get all the cocoa and mug sets put together for the girls at work. They are in the gift bags and ready to go. :package:
Good job on the mug sets! Would DGMa like a no-sew fleece scarf? They are really quite nice!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Another one DONE! DD#2's scarf!

Only one more holiday knitting project - a
cowl for ME. Will start it tonight. Won't take long. Oh, yes, one more, I guess . . . I want to finish the prayer shawl for donation to the church before Christmas. Not a necessity, just a wanna!

I have most of our
Christmas newsletters printed, but had color cartridge problems on the last batch. I need to invest in a new cartridge to finish up.

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
DJ - Thanks for the idea, I might use that for DSis13 and DNiece. I want to knit DGma's out of the same yarn as DGpa's hat. I fell in love with the yarn it is expensive ($14 a Ball, hat took one ball and scarf should take one ball) but worth it. It is alpaca, and the softest yarn I have ever worked with.

My hand is feeling a bit better, still bruised and very tender, but not as stiff and swollen. I hope a few more days and I will be able to use it without to much trouble.

I was reminded today of just how lucky I am. I found out today that a co-worker and DF was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. 10 min. later I was told another co-worker's DSD lost her battle with cancer last night, she was 10 years old. Days like this remind me that every day is precious and should not be wasted stressing about the little stuff. I thank God for the good health of my family and myself and ask Him to bless those less fortunate.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
ChristySue ~ Sorry to hear about your co-workers' griefs. The hardest thing in life must be to lose a child. Yes, we need to be thankful for each day.

rose

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
ChristySue--so sorry to hear about the lost of co-worker child.

DJ--you sure are getting alot done-good for you.

Slowly getting things done. Hopefully things will pick up as for some reason watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade really gets me moving.

To get done by Christmas:
[x]finish quilting quilt top one
[]baste and quilt second quilt
[x]quilt third quilt-advent wallhanging
[]make ornaments for advent wallhanging
[]sew buttons on wallhanging.
[]put binding on all three quilts
[x]print off Christmas spider stories to go with the spider ornaments
[]help with the Church country Christmas craft day-preparing craft kits etc (Dec 1st)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Happy Day! DD#2 loves her Advent Calendar. She opened it when we were having dessert after Thanksgiving Dinner. I was pleased that she likes it so much. And she really appreciated the tme that went into it! She enjoys crafting, so has an appreciation for hand-made gifts.

Princess_Christmas

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Still playing

Clean and paint doll house for niece - Done
Add trim to doll house
Cut out fabric for nieces outfits - Done
Create family ornaments
Create paintings for school projects - Done
Create Christmas tags
Frame painting for school
Paint nieces outfit for school project -Done
Cut out quilt pieces - for nieces quilt
Cut out other bedding pieces - for nieces bedding
Create mask for school - Done
:smile: FINISH ALL SCHOOL PROJECTS BEFORE MORE CRAFTING :rudolph:
Finish sewing outfits for niece ~ 3 done, not sure how many more to go
More to come later

[ ] Quilt for MIL ~ Squares are done....now I am sewing the squares together!
[ :frosty: ] Button Christmas Tree...need to purchase MORE buttons ~ I got half done with this and it looked terrible....threw it in the trash!
[ :frosty: ] Finish painting Lighthouse for Erick

Not Crafts....but things that need done.
[] Write Christmas Letter
[] Take Photo of Children for Christmas Cards ~ waiting on DS shoes to arrive in the mail.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Still adding but making progress: Whisks are DONE! unless I find out that I need a few more. Cowl for ME just needs to be bound off. I'm waiting on that because DD#2 is home and I don't want her to see the final result since she's getting something very similar for Christmas. I've added a prayer shawl for the "'Cause It's Christmas Challenge" which has 8"+fringe to go (I've been nursing a cold, so getting lots of knitting done). I'm adding 2 placemats for DD#2's boyfriend. They roll up and hold utensils in it. He lives in Germany, and I guess these would be handy for him to take to the beer gardens. And DD#2 says she'd like to have a prayer shawl.

That's about it for now.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
DD#2 picked out yarn for a prayer shawl today as well as yarn for a scarf. She doesn't know that I already made her a scarf and a cowl, but I know she wears them all the time, so she'd probably enjoy having a variety. I know I do.

I added some
placemats to my list which are now DONE! We picked out the fabric today and I washed it when I got home, so I thought I'd press it out. One thing led to another and before I knew it they were finished.

The only thing on my list that I could worry about having finished on time is the
Cat cross-stitch. I'm not worrying about it, though, because if it doesn't get done, I'll give it for another occasion.