March 2012 - Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
So... I have two goals for March. These are goals for.... Progress... NOT Perfection!

#1 is "decluttering the yard" from all kinds of overgrowth! This goal will be worked on when it is NOT raining.

Goal #2... is to work on decluttering MY clothes... and... the rest of the office. This goal will be worked on... when.... it IS raining.

Like it?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I like it alot SN!

I need to get back on the declutter wagon too. will look over my lists this weekend to see what needs to be done :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thank you, luludou.

The morning went OK. I was able to do a lot of work outside. AND... I started the laundry, picked up the house, cleaned up the kitchen and started the dishwasher......

And then... I got to feel really sick.... of the endless work...... that goes into keeping a household running. Endless... repetitive.... etc.

So.. I went to the hardware store and got a few necessary items. Then... I went to the market NEAR the hardware store. I got a quinoa with olive oil & rosemary.... which I thought was terrific! (Dh did not like it.) I made chicken and green peas to go with it.

I am going to bed early and will read for a while. I hope to accomplish more... tomorow!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
And NOW... it IS tomorrow! Saturday morning, March 3rd!

Dh will be gone for the afternoon. (When you are together... A LOT.... these little breaks... are good for everybody!)

There has been lots of rain overnight and this morning. So.... work inside seems sensible. Sensible.... and... boring, depressing.... I think I'd better stop.... THAT... line of thought!

Talk to you later!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Deep-cleaned & decluttered the pantry today. 1 thing off my spring-cleaning list.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am also hoping to get back on the decluttering wagon this month. As usual was hoping the inside would be in pretty good shape so when time to be in the yard comes we could focus on it. BUT....

We started in our closet last night. Went thru clothes so have some stuff to bag up today and it will go to Goodwill tom.. Move It Out Monday!! Have to go thru shoes and drawers today. Guys will get more rags for the shop and I will get some soxs for dusting.

You would think with one child gone and the other at 271/2, me 50 and DH 57 (58 in 16 days) that the place would stay somewhat in order----- I sure dream big, don't I?

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Very nice SN.

I'm so glad to be back on here. I don't know why but I could not bring up the forum the last two days.

I'm not sure what my goals will be this month as I am still in the middle of my little palace being made over. New carpet is being installed Tuesday and the place has been turned upside down. I did manage to get rid of some mis-matched furniture pieces. They were either trashed or donated to the Salvation Army.

Today I think I am going to spend the day relaxing. I have been decluttering non-stop since Thursday.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Good job Aggy.

Decluttered the last toy box I have in the basement. kept some things when dniece & dnephew come over but got rid of lots of little things.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
1 bag out the door and Allen even took it without me saying anything! We have the drawers clean but still sorting some stuff and then have the linen closet, under the sinks and onto the furniture to do yet. Hoping by next week-end it will be done. My room.

CraftyLady

Retire Member
Apr 4, 2011
Since we got a new TV stand and the VCR didn't fit, we went through the VHS tapes this weekend and I got rid of about 1/3 of them. We packed the keepers into a box and labeled it and put it on a shelf in the basement. Today, I'm going to grab some visable things to add to the box of tapes and I'll be getting the box out this afternoon.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Ginger - good advice!

Number 4 is a killer for me...I am always getting distracted in the next room, by the next pile, etc.

I gave away all of our VHS tapes last fall. Now I'm thinking about a better system for our DVDs...we put them all into binders so they take up less space, but it's sometimes hard to find the one you want....that's why we left the boys' DVDs in the cases...they recognize them by the covers!

thanks for the inspiration!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Threw out a table I was using as a desk and a side table that was wobbly. Went threw a folder of manuals and threw out the ones for things I no longer had. I still had manuals from my vhs players. lol

My dishwasher came today. Now my kitchen is complete. Tomorrow they will be installing new carpet.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
The last week in Feb, I cleared off the bench in the dining room (lots of paperwork), while DH cleared off the dining room table (also lots of paperwork at one end, and the laptop, and DD's artwork.....general dumping ground). I had also cleared the veg bed in the back garden, ready to plant into (put fresh compost into it from the "Dalek" in the corner - where all our veg peelings go into and a year later, we get lovely brown soil-like compost), and sowed the first few seeds into pots for there and the allotment plot. I haven't done much on the plot yet though (1 bucket of compost thrown over the top of 1 bed, and harvested some of the leeks that are ready - no digging yet).

I managed to bring 2 bags of clothes to the clothes bank over the past weekend, and I have another bag in the trunk of the car for goodwill (I hope to drop it off one day this week - or else the weekend).

The reason I had those 3 bags, was that I had spent 2 hours sorting the very worst of the clutter in the study on Saturday afternoon - while DH had taken DD off for a walk and coffee themselves (they needed some "Daddy and Me" time). And I needed to clear off some bit to make DH's Valentine's Day card (for our VAlentine's Dinner on Sat night - he was away for the actual day).

And then on Sunday night, I managed to put all my clothes away from the hot press - so now I can find outfits again (for a week or 2 at least!). Another pile sorted.

During March, I am aiming to dig the plot, clear part of the sitting room and finish off clearing the study. I might even, if I am bored on night when DH is away, get around to filing the paperwork that needs keeping from the basket in the playroom (an annual job). But I am making a few nice little baby steps.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
All it takes is baby steps. Good job.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Way to go WingedOne.

No decluttering for me today. Just trying to put things back into the rightful places. They put in new carpet yesterday. I was very happy when I walked through my front door. Then my smiled turned into a mean frown. They damaged one of my tall dresser chests in my bedroom. Then this morning while rearranging the LR, I found that they had broken one of the legs on my armoire. They just put it back in place like nothing ever happened. So I talked to the rental manager and showed her pictures and she is going to contact the company.

And things were going so well. SIGH...

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Aggy, How horrible that they broke items and didn't own up to it. Good thing you are so observant.