March 2012 - Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I meant to say that I got rid of all but 9 of those books.

Yesterday when I got home my closets still had not been done, so everything remains where they are. :(

I didn't realize it until a moment ago while over in Rudy Day that it falls on a Sunday. That works great for me as Sundays I don't usually venture out. So I'll get to do some decluttering. If the mood hits me, I may just start going through those Christmas bins. I also need to go through my fall bins. I have 2 large bins full of fall decorations and I want to downsize to 1.

As I declutter I notice that I had collected quite a bit over the years. (Shaking my head) It's terrible. I can't wait for it to be all gone. My apartment is looking almost like it did when I first moved in. Empty. lol Even my boyfriend made a comment about how more spacious it looks. My goal is to try and keep it that way.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Great news ladies! My closets are finished. Yipee!!! I immediately started hanging everything up when I walked in the front door.

I also filled a trash bag full of handbags to take to Salvation Army.

Next order of business, getting rid of shoe boxes.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Aggy you are doing great! You will be ready for Christmas when it comes for sure, with lots of space to wrap the gifts & store them.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Well I did it! (dancing)

I had the day off so I spent time trying to clear out the guest bedroom. My major accomplishment for today, I downsized my Christmas decorations to three bins: A bin for my accessories, (village pieces, figurines, candles, etc.); A bin for my Christmas trees; and a bin for my lights and ornaments. I also was able to downsize my fall decorations from two bins to one.

That really made me feel good.

I hated doing it but I threw out the smaller bins (Well I sat them beside the dumpster in hopes someone else could use them). No need in keeping them, taking up unnecessary space.

Since I was able to fit all of my handbags on the closet shelf in the guest bedroom, I was able to do a little decluttering in my bedroom closets. In one closet I had a homemade shelf that divided my winter handbags from my sweaters. I removed the homemade shelf and now only my sweaters are up there.

In the other closet I had crates which held my summer handbags and boxes of winter shoes sat on top of the crates. I got rid of the crates and now its just the boxes of shoes. (I hope to get rid of the boxes soon)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Great job of decluttering aggy. It's amazing how a little decluttering can help the motivation. I bet you declutter something else soon.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Great job Aggy!

Well I finally got some things to GoodWill yesterday...feels good to not have to look at it anymore! I haven't been doing too much decluttering this week. DH has been in NJ since Monday night and will be back this Monday night, so I have spent most of the week "Spring Cleaning". Once he returns we will be getting back on track with packing for our move, so I wanted to get some deep cleaning done while he's away.

I'm hoping that we'll be able to let some things go in the process.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Nothing like a move to inspire a round of decluttering. When I was younger we moved almost every two years. I never had to plan to declutter. Then 22 years ago I move here and stayed. Wow. When we moved off the little hobby farm I was shocked at all the junk we had cluttered up our life with. Now I declutter all the time.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Nothing like a move to inspire a round of decluttering.

That's for sure! I moved out here from NJ over 2 years ago, sold my 3 bedroom home and probably let go at least 85% of what I had :(

Now we'll be moving to FL and I'm hoping to be able to part with more...

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Monday, March 26th. I bagged and boxed-up lots of items for storage. They are neatly arranged in the hall.... waiting until I can persuade a "young adult" to bring in the ladder... and move the things into the attic! At the same time... I'll ask them to bring DOWN... the cushions for the outside furniture.

Today... there was some shredding of documents. And lots of routine housekeeping.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Have fallen off from the declutter wagon. However, I bought some new clothes today and that gives me the incentive to get rid of old clothes! Think that will be on my to-do list next weekend.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Tuesday, March 27th. Today is chilly.... which is GOOD! It means that I can resist... being outside in the garden!!!!!!

Aggy... you are doing so good! You just keep chugging along: sometimes... a really big job. SSometimes... smaller jobs. It is really adding up!!! You are inspiring to all of us!

Today..... I am filling AT LEAST one trash bag full of clutter! AND... adding to the neat collection of stuff... that is waiting to go up into the attic.... probably this weekend!

How are YOU doing?

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wednesday, March 28th! Another "bonus" today. It is a nice, sunny day.... perfect for working outside. HOWEVER>>>> some guys doing construction.... are cutting big metal pipes.... and filling the air.... with a horrible metal smell (AND probably millions of tiny metal particles!) I don't want to breath that stuff... so I worked inside this morning. RESULT: More "neat" storage boxes of stuff to go into the attic.

NOW... to work on stuff to get... Out The Door!

"DECLUTTERED SPACES"... ARE SUCH NICE SPACES!

CraftyLady

Retire Member
Apr 4, 2011
I went through the craft/exercise room before I Spring clean in there and surprisingly, I found more stuff to get rid of. This time I'm letting go of some things that I "was going to do something with some day". I haven't done anything with them yet so why keep them, right? I let go of a basket and then I filled that basket with other stuff to get rid of. I found 3 lamps in the closet to get rid of. I'm going to load the stuff into a box and I'll have at least 2 full boxes to donate. Can't wait. The stuff is in a pile on the floor in there, but I don't even have second thoughts about wanting to keep anything. I'm just waiting for another box.