October 2011 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Yesterday, I got rid of an old printer. I have had it for 3 1/2 years. My brother bought it for me used (couldn't return it) and my computer wouldn't accept it. GONE! I think decluttering is going to become a daily process for me here pretty soon. It has GOT TO GO!! So, even tho it was only one thing, it is one thing out of here!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Merry,
Good job on the box of junk items. Doesn't it feel good to have it gone.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Although I haven't been posting I have been decluttering....working on it bit by bit. I have started decluttering the office/craft room....NOW that is a chore....it's a little room with WAY too much "stuff". I'm dpoing pretty good with it but still a couple of stacks on the floor that need to be dealt with....then on to the drawers and actually shelves...lol.

I have been moving stuff OUT....I mean seriously who needs all of this stuff. It is making the "energy" of the room so much more welcoming.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Every little bit helps. Then all of a sudden all those tiny decluttered spots come together and you will be shocked at the difference.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Just gave away a bag (yep whole bag) of no match socks, a ripped blanket, 3 missing parts of bedding sheet sets, and three towels that I cannot use. I had great plans to turn them into 'something', but honestly I have so many 'rags' I could never use them all.

AliciaKnits

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2011
I'd love to join in with the Declutter Club. Just found the forum last week and have been reading all of the Christmas Plans threads and the past Declutter months as well. I like the format that you had in January, with picking one main goal and one focus goal. I'm going to add in a reward as well, to keep me motivated. I would love to get the whole house cleaned and decluttered/organized before Christmas this year, so I will be focusing on more than one goal per month. But since October is almost over, I'll just have the two goals for now:

Main Goal: Clean the guest bathroom - should take two hours or less
Focus Goal: Do all 10 loads of laundry - this includes 2 loads of towels, 1 load of bedsheets, and 7 loads of clothes.

Reward: watch my two movies from Netflix and return them

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
AliciaKnits,
Glad you found your way here. You will really like all the helpful hints, recipes and encouragement.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Welcome Aliciaknits..

Bet I have you ALL beat on the decluttering, just a little silly humor LOL Seriously tho, I plan on living with ALOT less..Less to having to worrying about cleaning around, less to worry about moving, less to worry about replacing incase of a diaster etc..Look forward to all the good energy that will have room to move around my new house

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Tricia,
You win for decluttering. I'm glad you see you have some humor about the situation. It's the only thing that will keep you going.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Tricia,
You win for decluttering. I'm glad you see you have some humor about the situation. It's the only thing that will keep you going.

Thanks Diedra humor is good for the spirit:)

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Welcome Aliciaknits! So glad you found us...you're going to love it here!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Morning girls, happy Wednesday! Nothing to report today, just wanted to say hello! :) :)

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I only post occasionally but today is the day!! Decluttering the office, have had piles in here for weeks, but now that the Farmers Market is done for the season I can put up all my totes and supplies. Getting the wedding supplies in a box together, my daughter is getting married in 24 days!! Need to have my office in tip top shape, will have no extra time by next week, lol. Happy Decluttering everyone!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
October 30th, Sunday. The Day Before Halloween! Farmermomof4.... how incredibly exciting that your daughter is getting married within a few short weeks! Congratulations and Best Wishes to everyone!!!!

Today begins.... 30 days of decluttering/organizing/cleaning.... for me!!!
Ds#1 is coming east... for an overnight business trip! Hurray, hurray, hurray! This is another joyful reason... to declutter!

AND... we all have a lot going on at this time of year! (Although, probably, Farmermomof4... has the MOST going on now!)
Soon.... it will be time to pack up the Halloween decorations.... for another year.
And.... get down the Christmas things.
(Not to mention the Thanksgiving things.... if you use special things for Thanksgiving!)

Just a month ago.... our guest room was in fairly good shape... for our 50th Anniversary Celebration. And now.... the room seems to be awash in Halloween decorations and boxes of stuff left/stored here by the Seattle branch of the family.
So... once again.... the office/guest room is the focus of the month-long-decluttering-countdown!

How about you?

Do you have any decluttering goals for the remainder of 2011? Or.... will you start fresh..... with our 2012 Decluttering Club?

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
My decluttering must have worn off on YDS -- he went through his closets this weekend and weeded out all the 1x, 2x and 3x clothes. Three large garbage bags of clothes are ready to go out to storage for the 4-H rummage sale in February.

His efforts were observed by ODS who was doing laundry. He said there are at least three bags of outgrown kids clothes at his house. Everything from 3 months to 3 years for DGD and all the 3-6 month clothes for GDS. I told him to bring everything over, and wash and sort it. I told him if he wasn't going to give the clothes to children of his friends, that I would take them to storage also for the 4-H rummage sale.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hi!

My decluttering must have worn off on YDS -- he went through his closets this weekend and weeded out all the 1x, 2x and 3x clothes.

His efforts were observed by ODS who was doing laundry. I told him if he wasn't going to give the clothes to children of his friends, that I would take them to storage also for the 4-H rummage sale.

Wonderful and how cute!

We do 4H as well! DD19 ... back in the day had us doing chickens and rabbits ... we live in the city!!! Now, DS8 is in 4H and loving his BUG project. He wants to show his rabbit as well. DD is trying to talk me into chicken for him! LOL

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
My Declutter List ...

October 30 – November 5
Living Room
[] Clean ceiling fan
[] Dust
[] Wash window
[] Vacuum under sectional couch
[] Vacuum sofa and loveseat and futon
[] Vacuum carpet and under carpet sectional
[] Organize entertainment center (go thru tapes and CD's, DVD's, mark on list, give away if not needed)
[] Go through book shelves (look at all titles - give away if needed)
[] Look at all knick-knacks (give away if not needed)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Gave away 2 twin beds to nephew for his twins. Mattresses smell moldy (in MIL's basement) so they will be thrown out.