Word of the Year 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Normally around this time I start to look back on the year that was and think about goals, plans and to do's for the new year.
I have narrowed my Word of the Year for 2022 down to a few and will ponder a little more on this over the next few weeks.
I feel that I have done well with my word for this year and hope to continue.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Non-Zero

From this idea: no more Non-Zero days. It involved from someone (Ryan in this article) suffering from depression. Made a lot of sence to me because most of the time we expext too much of ourselves so do nothing. Runs along the same lines as flylady. She also was suffering from depression when she started her housecleaning system.

“There are no more zero days,” he explained. “What’s a zero day? A zero day is when you don’t do a single f**king thing towards whatever dream or goal or want or whatever that you got going on. No more zeros.”

“I’m not saying you gotta bust an essay out everyday, that’s not the point. The point I’m trying to make is that you have to make yourself, promise yourself, that the new SYSTEM you live in is a NON-ZERO system. Didn’t do anything all f**king day and it’s 11:58 PM? Write once sentence. One pushup. Read one page of that chapter. One. Because one is not zero. You feel me?”

Last edited:

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I've been thinking about this, too.

Diedra, I like your thoughts.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I chose: Consistent

Especially in regards to health habits, I'm on, off, on, off. My goal is to string all those "on" times together.
Same goes for house pick up and other goals. Start, stop, start, stop.

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am leaning towards PREPARE. DH and I are planning to retire in 2023 so there will be a lot to organise before then in preparation.
I also am drawn to FOCUS for the same reasons.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Saw this thread pop up and it sent me thinking about the success of my 2021 word, presence. It's one that I'll need to continue to work on, but I'm better at it than I was. I intentionally put my phone in my purse, rather than keeping it nearby, when I'm out with others. Time to focus on looking forward in 2022. More to come ... And, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that non-zero post. Thank you for sharing!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Some great ideas as always. Didn't do great with my word last year. It was move. I did some more physical move but quit on that. We did some planning towars a move out of this house.. but not consistent stuff.
I started to think health. I have done that before. But this lastb2 yrs my physical health has decreased as I stress eat and my weight is back up. My mental health also is not great. So maybe that is where I need to start

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Great word Mel. I look forward to following your progress.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My word for 2022 will be PREPARE.
DH and I are moving towards retirement and we need to prepare for this. It means preparing our finances, preparing to close up this house, preparing the farm for us to move into. 2022 is the start of a 2 year plan.

Last edited:

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I think I'm going to try two words in 2022, at least initially -- patience and purge (as in things, people, groups, etc. that don't bring me joy or have changed and no longer align with my goals, needs, and desires).

A little background on how I came to select these two words and how they relate to a single goal ...

I began working on this yesterday, initially by bighting my tongue when a post I made in a FB group for retired women was removed by the moderator. Apparently, it was against the rules to discuss when to take down your Christmas decorations, and whether you wait until after "Little Christmas" (Epiphany) or not. No specific religion was mentioned (as that would break a rule), but the moderator apparently thought otherwise. Yet, there are posts on this FB page discussing adultery; physical and mental abuse by a spouse; divorce over 65; dealing with alcoholic and drug addicted spouses, children, grandchildren; dealing with suicide and other sudden death; etc But, you apparently can't discuss faith-based holidays. That was the last straw.

I worked on my patience with the moderator, and ultimately decided that the group had changed too much from when I first joined it. It no longer supported my needs, and was causing me more stress that I needed from a group of women I really don't know (though some of us have met in person over lunch). So, I sent a message to the group of local women with whom I connected through the group, letting them know of my decision. They can choose to remain FB friends or not. One replied that she's been booted from the group and had to plead her case to get back in; a second simply acknowledged my message, but gave a "thumbs up" on each message in the string. At least, I don't feel like I'm alone in how I was feeling. All I can say is that THIS group is totally opposite of the FB group -- so THANK YOU!!!

So, patience and purging in 2022 it is!

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Lori- Love your words and look forward to seeing your progress.

I relate. Sometimes we are in a group or part of a club or something and that doesn't mean we have to stay in it the rest of our lives.

We change, they change. It may no longer fit what we are wanting and needing.

I sometimes have this thought with my women's group at church. I am the youngest member and have thought that the days of being part of it may be over for me. I think I stay in it more out of guilt and obligation.

Annie

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have decided on the word "Release" for 2022. I need to release that which doesn't serve me well: expectations, people, ideas, control, and negative emotions. I've been working on a "Release plan" this morning. I laid out exactly the things that I want to release and tentative steps to do so. I made a plan for 2021's word - "Fulfill. " It really helped to motivate me to fulfill the dreams that I have had and didn't find the time to work on.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, great word and I like that you have a plan.

Annie, be strong, if the church group no longer suits you then pull off the bandaid. You are so busy that I think you could use your time with something that suits you better. Do not feel guilty. I felt like this with my DrillDance team this year, hung on because I thought I had to. I know that the team has moved on from me without a backwards glance and I am enjoying my extra time.

Lori sorry that your Facebook group did that to you, but pleased that you realised that you can find support elsewhere.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I worked on this today. My word will be COMMITMENT
Here's what I found in reference to it that speaks to me:
*Willingness to give your time & energy to something you believe in, or a firm decision to do something.
*Without commitment nothing happens - TD Jakes
*Perseverance / Keep on going / focus / self-discipline / dedication
*With hard work & dedication anythings is possible
*If you had starting doing anything two weeks ago, by today you would have been two weeks better at it - John Mayer.

I make a commitment to work on my health, self-development, relationships.
I've also made a list of goals for 2022... would need to start a thread for that.