June 2011 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CraftyLady

Retire Member
Apr 4, 2011
We finished cleaning out the basement this weekend. There are 2 bags of trash and a bunch of recycling to go out this week for pick up. There are a lot of other things that we are going to try to put down at the curb that someone might take for scrap metal. Last week someone took my husband's rusty broken mufflers so fingers crossed they will come back. I will be listing a bunch of other stuff on freecycle later today and whatever isn't gone by next week will go in next week's trash. Lastly, there are a few electronic type recycling items that will go to Best Buy whenever we are near there. I might be brave enough to take some pictures of it all neat and clean once all the above mentioned stuff is out. I just hope it doesn't get messed up in the next 2 weeks before that happens.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Didn't get too far in the garage there is just so much stuff in there. It is basically used for storage car never makes it in there. I am going to try and work on more of it today

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Monday, June 20th! It is strange.... yesterday I didn't declutter at all. Today.... I have been decluttering ALL DAY! I give credit to the progrm "Hoarders"! It is fascinating to me! And it really kept my attention today.... so I went through MOST of the piles of stuff from my closet (PLUS a lot of paperwork!!!)

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
SparkleNana it's great that you are making all this progress in your closet!! I was only able to toss a few things into the bag this afternoon. KimD, we are always decluttering the garage. It's like there is a vacuum or some kind of big magnet in there that just sucks all our stuff into it!! If we turn our backs on it for a minute, it just fills right up again!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Watching Hoarders is always good for motivation. Great job.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Hoarders will kick anyones butt into gear... ;)

My husband put an old motorcycle out on the curb at his parents this weekend and even that was gone within 24hrs.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Hoarders gives me the creeps- bad!

But I do notice I always start cleaning after watching it!!! Ha Ha!

Seriously, though, can't watch it before bed- I always sleep bad.

Annie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Thinking I need to watch Hoarders online friday so I can do some decluttering this weekend.
I noticed online they have some deleted scenes too.

I first started reading this hoarders site:
http://childrenofhoarders.com/wordpress/

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I told you guys before, but it gives me anxiety. I say I'm going to watch it every season, get 2 episodes in and delete it from my DVR. I'm better with Peter Walsh....LOL

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Does this count as decluttering. Today my 10th grader is takeing her last regents and will officially become a Junior in highschool in a couple of hours. Today is the last official day for my 8th grader, at 2 today he will officially become a freshman in highschool. Tomorrow my 6th grader has his graduation and will be in the Jr. high. Today is my baby girls last activitie for 5th grade. Also today both my baby's are playing each other for the 5th/6th grade softball championship game. (this one is going to be hard)

This does not make for a good day for this mommy at all.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Taking my bags to Goodwill today! I'll be glad to get them out of the house!

Hoarders makes me gag sometimes...especially the dirt water in the tubs and cat feces everywhere. Yuck...

Clutter makes me crazy too....noticed that when I'm surrounded by it I get a bit anxious....

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have a trash bag started for the thrift store.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Decluttered DS's desk yesterday - big job but it's done... well for now because when I was finished I put the pile of his School work on it for him to go through.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Lisa- I know what you mean about gagging watching Hoarders.

Looking at the rotting food- Blech!
Or when their plumbing doesn't work any longer- Barf!

What's sad is their houses are so bad and messy that when there is a problem (ex: plumbing) they are too embarrassed to let a repair person in so they live without (water, toilets, etc).

Gagolicious!!!

On to better things: KimD- Congrats to the kids and doing an awesome job in their schooling- Onward and Upward!

And- GREAT JOB to everyone on their decluttering so we all don't end up on the Hoarders show! :)

Annie

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
OK. I never watched the Hoarder show so I just looked and set my DVR to record it!! lol !! I know I have been warned... I think I will have DH watch it with me and maybe the show will motivate him to start on the garage while I work on the closet. lol !

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Merry- Let us know what you think of the show!

Annie

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
One graduation done today, it was great and sad at the same time. Tomorrow is the next one.

All the kids are now home so I think that we are going todo some major cleaning and decluttering today and tomorrow, since I have the day's off also

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
We're up to June 23rd..... in our 2011 Decluttering Club! This is the evening that I take our trash and recycling out to the street.... for early morning pickup tomorrow. That always gives me an incentive... to get stuff OTD (Out The Door) on Thursdays. Once it is gone..... it is GONE!!!!!! That has GOT to be good thing!!!!!

Today is incredibly hot and humid again..... I apologize....... I know that MOST of the northern hemisphere has pretty rotten weather! Well.... does the fact that Saturday is our June Rudy Day.... does that make things better for you???? Even if I don't do anything but read posts here.... Rudy Day DOES make me feel better!!!!

My brain is functioning at a VERY low level..... so I think I will do my old trick of grabbing a big trash bag.... and go around the house.... stuffing things into it!!!!! Actually..... it HELPS to have your brain functioning at a very low level when you do this.... because your brain can't easily think of reasons that you should keep something!!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
June 24th, Friday. Today.... I am getting the house in good shape.... for our return at the end of next week. (We leave early Saturday --- tomorrow).

I will TRY to get as much OTD (Out The Door) as possible. But.... a REAL decluttering session is quite different from a general clean-up thing! STILL...... every little bit helps! Every thing Out The Door.... is GONE FOREVER!!!!! And it does all add up!

Another word about "Hoarders".... YES! Parts are unbelieveably disgusting.... great times to walk out of the room! What is MOST fascinating to me.... is the smart, functioning people..... who load their houses up with "good stuff". The people who are in "disgusting situations" are usually seriously mentally ill.