Join me in choosing your "Word" for 2008

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Gadler said:
This is such an inspirational thread. My word is going to be ELEGANCE - elegance in everything I do - whether it be in speech, action or whatever! :heartbeat:

I like that one a lot!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
odd_duck71 said:
:jumpinghearts:
My word for the year is beautiful.

Last year I gave up on making resolutions and chose a focus for the year instead. 2007 was my year of "More Like Me, Less Like You" -- borrowed from "Numb" by Linkin Park. This year, I'm focusing on making my life beautiful.

Off to add that to my siggy....

I really like that.

emily_hope

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ok, it has taken me quite some time, but I have finally chosen my word. My 'word' for 2008 is FLOW.

Flow means to proceed continuously and smoothly; to proceed steadily and easily; to exhibit a smooth or graceful continuity; to hang loosely and gracefully.

I have been trying to become stress free or at least have less stress in my life. To not think that everything needs to be perfect. Just go with the flow. I would like to get organized and have my life running more smoothly, steadily, easily.

deniseindevon

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
devon, england
hi -not been about much -sorry!

im going to go with appreciate.

i am going to try and appreciate all the wonderful i have to be thankful for...my health(sort of) my beautiful children, a loveing husband and a close family. a roof over my head and food in my (rather large) belly!

its easy to focus on the negative so im going to try and appreciate things more

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I was curious so I made a list of the words chosen as "Your Word" for 2008. I put word chosen more than once on the list just once to keep it simple. Here are our words...

* simplify * moments * abundance * relax * home * peace * heart * action * engage * magical * let go * retirement * family * save * extreme self care * involvement * exercise * restoration * change* good * declutter, serendipity, health * deepen * positive * dedication * dedicate * satisfaction * perform, hope, living * acceptance * consistency * enjoy * possibilities * faithful * patience * renaissance * faith * joy * benevolence * elegance * better * beautiful * flow * appreciate *

Does anyone else just feel good when reading that list? Those are our focus! :love:

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
Thanks for that great list. It`s fantastic.
I will copy it in Word and make a poster of these words (write them larger) and will hang it up on my pinboard and one in front of my new notebook. Thanks.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I love all of those words, especially when they are all together. I am going to write them all down and keep them in my notebook!!

"heartstrings: Melanie

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
I'm a little late jumping on the band wagon, but better late then never right? My word is definitely Home. This is my theme for 2008, making our house a home. Not that it hasn't always been, but I'm really concentrating on those little touches that make Home the best place to be!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Not at all. It's never too late to join us here.

My word is working for me although I'm coming up a bit short in the part of it that's for me. It's helping with taking care of my family and our home, but I'm not engaging the part of life much that is stuff just for me, like yoga and going for a walk alone. Work in progress I guess.

mammaduke

Retire Member
Jan 19, 2008
Rochester,NY
I choose for my word Understanding, I have to be more understanding to mu hubby when he losses his temper & with other family members. I know it's hard for him since he got sick , & that's I have to understand.

SmilingSandra

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
Saskatoon, SK Canada
I'm a little late too, but have been thinking about it for a long time. My word.....CHANGE.

Change my size, change my bad habits, change my health, change of vehicles, and maybe by the end of the year....end up with some spare change!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I have been giving this a lot of though hence the reason for taking so long. I've finally decided on the word PATIENCE. I do get very impatient at time and expect everyone to work at my pace. If I want or need something done I want it now! I need to realize that everyone is different and it will all come together eventually.

:bigsnow:

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
"CREATE" in '08!

Pippi

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
BELIEVE----- I need to remember to BELIEVE that ALL things are possible through Christ who strengthens me. In my weaknesses he is strong. I need to BELIEVE that I can change. BELIEVE!!! I need to believe in the goodness of people, believe in where we are going, believe it is possible to make a difference each and every day.....

Believe is my word this year

Zend

Retire Member
Feb 2, 2008
It has been really stressful around here for a while. Finally decided that my word for the year must be Serenity bun1

SantasGirl

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2008
Southeastern Ohio
After much thought and after reading all your wonderful ideas, I've decided my word for this year will be BETTER. I want every aspect of my life to be an improvement over the past. I want to be a BETTER wife, BETTER mom, BETTER to others, BETTER to myself, BETTER housekeeper, BETTER money manager, BETTER friend, BETTER listener, BETTER, BETTER, BETTER at anything and everything I think, say and do. I especially need to be a BETTER witness for my Lord and Saviour. And to each of you, I wish a BETTER year than any you've ever had.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Thanks, Santasgirl! I hope you can live BETTER this year!

strosiek

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Cape Coral Florida
After much thought (two months later) my word is Productive.
Productive in all aspects of my life.
Moving back to the states from Germany, organize my craft room which is in two different places on two different continents, purge from two households to fit into one, make room for a gift room, RELAX! Enjoy my life and my family that I've been away from for so long. I just feel like I have been running on a never ending hamster wheel and I want to get off the wheel and achieve something, anything!
My goal is something done is better than nothing done!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I am here....a bit late with a word.

My word: PERSEVERE
meaning: to persist in anything undertaken; maintain a purpose in spite of difficulites, obstacles or discouragement; continue steadfastly

PERSEVERE:
to heal this family and create ONE from two
to get in shape
to save money & successfully work together as husband and wife financially-goals & priorities
to get pictures scrapped & organized
to get home organized
to make sure hubby knows he is a priority in my life & to feel as though I am a priority in his

Practise makes perfect
Erase resentments
Really show love for one another
Spend family time
Enjoy each other
Value time spent together
Eduring love
Relax
Eliminate clutter (from our home & our lives)

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
It's never too late to pick a word and give your life a bit more focus if you need it.

Great new additions to the list, Ladies!